Digital TV News: CyberLink
CyberLink PowerDVD certified for Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc playback
Dec 1, 2016 – CyberLink (5203.TW) has announced that its flagship media player, PowerDVD, has achieved certification from the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) for the playback of Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs.
News categories: CyberLink, Blu-ray Disc Association, Dr. Jau Huang, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
DLNA certifies first wave of products supporting 'Trick Modes'
Feb 3, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has certified the first wave of products from its members that support advanced fast-forward, re-wind and frame-by-frame playback capabilities which are now a mandatory feature of DLNA Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Scott Lofgren, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home
CyberLink Announces Development of H.265 Video Codec
Jun 5, 2013 – CyberLink (5203.TW) has announced the development of a codec supporting the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) standard. HEVC (H.265) uses new compression techniques to enable delivery of HD video content that requires only half the bandwidth of H.264.
News categories: CyberLink, Mobile, OTT
ITU gives first-stage approval to H.265 video coding standard
Jan 25, 2013 – The International Telecommunication Union has announced that its ITU-T Study Group 16 has agreed first-stage approval to Recommendation ITU-T H.265 or ISO/IEC 23008-2, known informally as 'High Efficiency Video Coding' (HEVC).
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV
UltraViolet™ Begins B2B Deployment in U.S. Market
Jul 13, 2011 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), the consortium dedicated to facilitating the development and operation of UltraViolet™, has announced the launch of its licensing program for content, technology and service providers.
News categories: UltraViolet, Content Protection, DRM, OTT, USA
CyberLink to integrate SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D technology into media player software for PC market
Jan 7, 2011 – SENSIO Technologies (TSX.V: SIO) and CyberLink (5203.TW) have announced an agreement through which SENSIO's 3D decoding technology will be integrated into the Cyberlink PowerDVD media player software for retail sale and in custom versions for the OEM market.
News categories: SENSIO, CyberLink, Media Player, OTT, VR
Intel Brings 'Eye Candy' to Masses with Newest Laptop, PC Chips
Jan 5, 2011 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has introduced its 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processor family at CES 2011. New features include Intel® Insider™, Intel® Quick Sync Video, and a new version of the company's award-winning Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi).
News categories: Intel Corp, CES2020, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor
Tru2way® Home Networking Event Demonstrates DVR Content Sharing Between STBs and DLNA Devices
Aug 3, 2010 – A CableLabs® interop has demonstrated sharing of premium DVR content among multiple tru2way® set-top boxes and DLNA Certified® devices, such as connected TVs, game consoles, PCs and mobile devices, over a home network in a secure manner.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
CyberLink Demonstrates Blu-ray 3D on PCs at Computex 2010
Jun 1, 2010 – At Computex 2010, CyberLink (5203.TW) is demonstrating its PowerDVD 10 ULTRA 3D that enables Blu-ray 3D movie playback on PCs. With PowerDVD, consumers will be able to enjoy full 1080p high-definition stereoscopic video on Blu-ray 3D movies.
News categories: CyberLink, Blu-ray, Media Player, VR
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019