Digital TV News: Cyfrowy Polsat
Polish consumer video spend on track for 25% growth
Mar 3, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, Poland’s SVoD market continues to power through a growth curve, with spend closing in on PLN1 billion at the close of 2019, as the Netflix subscriber base increased to 1.6 million.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, Market Research, Poland
Discovery and Cyfrowy Polsat to launch streaming platform
Oct 25, 2019 – Discovery and Cyfrowy Polsat have signed an agreement to create a video streaming platform which will operate in Poland and international markets. The new OTT service will give viewers a single destination to access the best of Polish content.
News categories: Discovery, Cyfrowy Polsat, Kasia Kieli, Maciej Stec, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Worldwide
5G-MAG launch puts media in the centre of 5G
Sep 13, 2019 – A 5G Media Action Group (5G-MAG) has been launched to provide a framework for all relevant stakeholders to collaborate on a market driven implementation of 5G in production and distribution of audiovisual media content and services.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, 5G-MAG, Antonio Arcidiacono, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2020, Worldwide
Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
Jul 15, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has launched an OTT TV service. The service is available on a new set-top-box, EVOBOX STREAM, either with a contract or PAYG. As well as the OTT TV offering the box can receive free-to-air DTT channels with the addition of a DVB-T antenna.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
May 14, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat Group has reported results for the first quarter of 2019. The company finished the quarter with 5.1 million contract pay TV subscribers, down 21,000 versus the end of 2018, and up 93,000 year-on-year. In March 2019 Cyfrowy Polsat introduced its EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Poland, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Cyfrowy Polsat launches IPTV service and set-top box
Mar 25, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has introduced an IPTV service, thanks to which viewers will be able to watch TV channels over broadband without the need to install a satellite dish. The service is accompanied by a new EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box
MaxLinear satellite receiver powers Cyfrowy Polsat's Evobox HD
Sep 18, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Cyfrowy Polsat has selected its MxL541C for its Evobox HD STB, the latest product in its Evobox product line. The MxL541C is a four-channel satellite receiver and Evobox HD STB makes use of the device’s very low power consumption and its Unicable support.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cyfrowy Polsat, Will Torgerson, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cyfrowy Polsat scales up at Eutelsat’s HOTBIRD position
Sep 6, 2017 – Cyfrowy Polsat has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) for the lease of multiple transponders. The agreement covers the extension of existing capacity and expansion at the HOTBIRD video position.
News categories: Eutelsat, Cyfrowy Polsat, Michel Azibert, Dariusz Działkowski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite
Growth for most of Eastern Europe’s top pay TV operators
Sep 15, 2016 – Given the poor economic prospects of most countries in the region and pay TV market slowdown, Digital TV Research notes that 44 of Eastern Europe’s top 64 operators will still increase their subscriber bases between 2015 and 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs