Digital TV News: Cyfrowy Polsat
Cyfrowy Polsat releases EVOBOX PVR set-top box
Jan 15, 2016 – Cyfrowy Polsat has announced that in January 2016 a new satellite set-to-box with recording functionality will be added to its offer. The EVOBOX PVR is the latest and the most advanced device created in Cyfrowy Polsat's factory in Mielec.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, DVR, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cyfrowy Polsat to offer services via ADB's cloud TV platform
Sep 2, 2015 – ADB and Cyfrowy Polsat have announced a collaboration to deliver TV services built on ADB’s ConnectedOS cloud platform using STBs produced by Cyfrowy Polsat. Cyfrowy Polsat will integrate ADB's Connected Solutions and Personal TV software.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Cyfrowy Polsat, Peter Balchin, Dariusz Dzialkowski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box
DTH TV platforms to pass $100 Billion in revenues this year
Nov 12, 2013 – Euroconsult has announced the release of its yearly reference report on satellite television. The 202 million DTH subscribers in over 100 countries (early in 2013) will result in over $100 billion in revenues this year.
News categories: Euroconsult, Pacôme Révillon, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
STMicroelectronics announces set-top box IC design-in at Cyfrowy Polsat
Sep 11, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that it is supplying its STiH237 satellite set-top box SoC to Cyfrowy Polsat, Poland's largest and Europe's fourth largest direct-to-home (DTH) provider.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Cyfrowy Polsat, Alessandro Messi, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cyfrowy Polsat launches PVR with built-in HDD
Jun 3, 2013 – Cyfrowy Polsat has announced the availability of its new PVR HD 7000 dual-tuner satellite receiver. The HD-capable box integrates a 320GB hard disk drive (HDD) - the first PVR from Polsat with a built-in HDD.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, DVR, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
ATEME Kits out Cyfrowy Polsat with Head End for DVB-T Pay Mobile TV Service
Aug 27, 2012 – Cyfrowy Polsat has chosen ATEME's Kyrion encoder platform for a video and radio head end delivering a pay mobile TV service over DVB-T technology across Poland, adding mobile TV to Polsat's existing satellite delivery option.
News categories: ATEME, Cyfrowy Polsat, Content Distribution, Mobile, Poland, Terrestrial
Cyfrowy Polsat Selects MaxLinear MxL601 for Hybrid DVB-T / IPTV Set-Top Box
Apr 24, 2012 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Cyfrowy Polsat (Warsaw: CPS) has selected its MxL601 global TV tuner for use in its own T-HD 1000 set-top box (STB) that is the heart of a new nationwide hybrid DVB-T / IPTV service.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cyfrowy Polsat, Digital TV, Poland, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
UOKiK releases report on pay TV in Poland
Oct 7, 2011 – Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) has issued a report on the country's pay TV market. Services are provided by satellite, cable and IPTV. Satellite has the largest number of subscribers with over 6 million.
News categories: UOKiK, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Poland, Satellite, Subscribers
STMicroelectronics Announces Polish Direct-To-Home HD Set-Top-Box Design Win
Sep 8, 2010 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is to supply its advanced System-on-Chip for high-definition STBs to Cyfrowy Polsat Technology, the equipment manufacturing division of Cyfrowy Polsat, Poland's number-one DTH (Direct-To-Home) provider.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Cyfrowy Polsat, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Poland, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0