Digital TV News: Cyta Hellas
Vodafone Greece acquires Cyta Telecommunications Hellas S.A.
Jul 11, 2018 – Vodafone has announced that Vodafone Greece has completed the acquisition of CYTA Hellas for a total enterprise value of €118 million. CYTA Hellas is a provider of fixed and mobile telecommunication services in Greece.
News categories: Vodafone, CYTA Hellas, Greece, IPTV, MnA
Cyta Hellas goes live with ADB hybrid HD set-top boxes
Jun 10, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that Cyta Hellas has gone live with 3play, a triple-play solution relying on ADB technologies. The Cytavision pay-TV service features Alcatel-Lucent’s IPTV platform running on ADB’s hybrid HD set-top boxes.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Cyta, Alcatel-Lucent, Christos Kolitsidas, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Set Top Box
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues