Digital TV News: Cyta
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Vodafone Greece acquires Cyta Telecommunications Hellas S.A.
Jul 11, 2018 – Vodafone has announced that Vodafone Greece has completed the acquisition of CYTA Hellas for a total enterprise value of €118 million. CYTA Hellas is a provider of fixed and mobile telecommunication services in Greece.
News categories: Vodafone, CYTA Hellas, Greece, IPTV, MnA
Cyta Hellas goes live with ADB hybrid HD set-top boxes
Jun 10, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that Cyta Hellas has gone live with 3play, a triple-play solution relying on ADB technologies. The Cytavision pay-TV service features Alcatel-Lucent’s IPTV platform running on ADB’s hybrid HD set-top boxes.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Cyta, Alcatel-Lucent, Christos Kolitsidas, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Set Top Box
Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
Dec 9, 2013 – Cyta Hellas, a subsidiary of the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (Cyta), has announced the launch of its 3play triple play package in Greece. The service, at €19 per month includes broadband, telephony and IPTV.
News categories: Cyta Hellas, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV
CYTA selects Pirelli Broadband Solutions for IPTV Set Top Boxes
Sep 12, 2008 – Pirelli Broadband has announced that it has been selected by the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (CYTA) to supply its IP100 HDTV IPTV Set Top Box for CYTA's IPTV service.
News categories: Pirelli Broadband, CYTA, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
NDS Declared Global IPTV DRM Leader by Two Independent Analyst Firms
Sep 9, 2008 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has been ranked by both ABI Research and Current Analysis as the leading content security and Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology vendor worldwide.
News categories: NDS Group, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, OTT
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
- Radix to launch Android TV device management at MWC
- Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more