Digital TV News: D-Link
Smart homes in Europe and North America reached 45 million in 2017
Sep 24, 2018 – According to a research report from Berg Insight, the number of smart homes in Europe and North America reached 45 million in 2017. The most advanced smart home market is North America, having an installed base of 22.3 million smart homes at the end of the year.
News categories: Berg Insight, Martin Bäckman, Europe, Market Research, Smart Home
Frontier Communications signs up to Energy-Efficiency Voluntary Agreements
Nov 27, 2017 – Frontier Communications has joined as a signatory of two voluntary agreements to continue the ongoing improvement of the energy efficiency of its set-top boxes, as well as modems and routers used for broadband Internet services.
News categories: Frontier Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
TeamF1 Networks provides home gateway for Reliance Jio
Mar 1, 2017 – Reliance Jio has built an all-IP network with 4G LTE technology. TeamF1 Networks, a subsidiary of D-Link (India), has announced its partnership with Jio for delivering the home gateway solution.
News categories: TeamF1 Networks, Reliance Jio, Dr. Ted Kuo, India, IPTV, Router
LTE consumer devices market to average 26% growth p.a. until 2020
Dec 3, 2015 – According to a TechSci Research, the global LTE consumer devices market is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 26% during 2015-2020 on account of rising mobile data traffic, growing demand for high speed data connectivity from enterprises and consumers, coupled with increasing research and development activities.
News categories: TechSci Research, Karan Chechi, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
10% of U.S. broadband households have bought a streaming media device to date in 2014
Dec 2, 2014 – Parks Associates have announced updated streaming media device data showing that 10% of U.S. broadband households purchased one of these devices, either a streaming media player or stick, in the first three quarters of 2014.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, CES, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
High-end gateways and STBs crowding out broadband routers
Nov 26, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest home networking report. The residential gateway and broadband router segments will continue to move in opposite directions as operators provide more advanced WiFi gateways to consumers.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home, Worldwide
32 million 802.11ac access points to ship in 2014
Sep 24, 2014 – The worldwide Wi-Fi customer premises equipment (CPE) market is expected to grow 11% in 2014. According to ABI Research, total shipments of Wi-Fi access points, routers, and residential gateways are set to surpass 176 million units by the end of 2014.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ