Digital TV News: D-Smart
Nine operators dominate MEA pay TV
Aug 1, 2016 – According to Digital TV Research, pay TV subscriptions in the Middle East & Africa region will increase by 67% between 2015 and 2021 – from 32.37 million to 54.09 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Broadcom powers D-Smart Digital Channel Stacker
Sep 24, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that D-Smart has started volume production of a Digital Channel Stacker based on Broadcom's satellite Out Door Unit (ODU) chip. Broadcom's BCM4554 supports up to 32 set-top boxes on a single coaxial cable.
News categories: Broadcom, D-Smart, Nicholas Dunn, Erdogan Simsek, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Turkey, Worldwide
D-Smart chooses Broadpeak dynamic CDN for OTT offering
Jun 23, 2015 – Broadpeak has announced that Turkish DTH provider D-Smart has deployed Broadpeak’s CDN solution to support its OTT service offering. Using Broadpeak’s CDN selection tool, D-Smart can dynamically offload traffic to third-party CDNs in order to address peaks in live video consumption.
News categories: Broadpeak, D-Smart, Jacques Le Mancq, Erdoğan Şimşek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Turkey
Turkey's D-Smart Selects KIT digital to Launch OTT Pay TV Service
Jul 23, 2012 – KIT digital (NASDAQ: KITD) has anounced that it has been selected by Turkish pay TV provider D-Smart to develop and launch a multiscreen over-the-top (OTT) pay TV service.
News categories: KIT digital, D-Smart, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Turkey
Turkey's D-Smart approaches 1 million activations
May 14, 2009 – DoÄŸan Yayın Holding (DYH) [Istanbul:DYHOL] has announced results for the first quarter ending March 31, 2009. The number of D-Smart DTH users has reached approx. 1 million. An ADSL+ Pay TV offer was tested successfully in March-April.
News categories: D-Smart, DoÄŸan Yayin Holding, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Turkey
DoÄŸan Yayın Holding 2007 September 1H07 Results (DYH 2007 İlk 6 Ay Sonuçları)
Sep 17, 2007 – Total D-Smart users are expected to reach 4.8mn in 2016 (from 150,944 at end-August 2007), corresponding to ~23% of total households and ~33% of total satellite households.
News categories: DoÄŸan, D Smart, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Turkey
NDS and Dogan TV Partner to Revolutionize Television in Turkey
Jan 29, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) and Dogan TV, owned by Turkey's leading media group Dogan Yayin Holding, have announced an agreement to deploy a broad range of NDS technologies and applications.
News categories: NDS Group, DoÄŸan Yayin Holding, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Turkey
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet