Digital TV News: D2 Technologies
D2 Technologies Acquires Webia Technologies
Mar 2, 2011 – D2 Technologies has acquired Webia Technologies through an all stock transaction. Headquartered in Taipei, Webia was one of the first software vendors to introduce set top box media player platforms based on Google's Android™ OS.
News categories: D2 Technologies, Webia Technologies, Media Player, MnA, OTT, Set Top Box
D2 Technologies Collaborates with Freescale on Android-based Reference Design with HD Video Call Capability
Jan 6, 2011 – D2 Technologies has announced the availability of a new multimedia processor/software solution based on i.MX technology from Freescale. The platform offers a production-ready solution for devices delivering high definition voice and IP video calling.
News categories: D2 Technologies, Freescale, CES2021, Middleware, Semiconductor
MIPS Makes Android™ Source Code Available to Public
Aug 3, 2009 – MIPS Technologies (NasdaqGS: MIPS) is working to define standardized Android-based platforms for consumer devices such as set-top boxes, digital TVs, mobile internet devices (MIDs), home media players and VoIP systems.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Thomson: New Triple-Play, on-Chip Solution for VDSL2 Broadband Access Gateway
Oct 8, 2007 – Thomson (Euronext Paris:18453) (NYSE:TMS) has announced the launch of the Thomson 5411/5120 chipset for customer premises equipment at the 2007 Broadband World Forum Europe.
News categories: Thomson, BBWF, Broadband, ICs, Semiconductor
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic