Digital TV News: DASH Promoters Group
EBU Initiates First Large Scale MPEG-DASH Trial For London Olympics
Jul 31, 2012 – The commercial deployment of the MPEG-DASH standard is one step closer with the first live public trial. The DASH Promoters Group is facilitating live MPEG-DASH streaming of the 2012 London Olympics to demonstrate the benefits of the standard.
News categories: Belgium, Digital TV, OTT
VisualOn Integrates MPEG-DASH at the Cable Show 2012
May 21, 2012 – VisualOn has announced that it has incorporated MPEG-DASH into the company's mobile media player, OnStream MediaPlayer+. MPEG-DASH provides a solution for content providers to unify their content delivery approach across a broad range of devices.
News categories: VisualOn, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
Industry Players Unite to Promote MPEG-DASH Adaptive Streaming
Feb 22, 2012 – A group of technology leaders has announced the creation of the DASH Promoters Group, a new organization dedicated to driving the broad adoption of MPEG's DASH (dynamic adaptive streaming over HTTP) standard, which was ratified in November 2011.
News categories: DASH Promoters Group, OTT
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic