Digital TV News: DISH Media Sales
DISH enlists Nielsen to power advanced advertising across Sling TV
Sep 20, 2018 – Nielsen has announced that DISH Media Sales has selected Nielsen to provide digital measurement on Sling TV and data segments for addressable advertising across both DISH TV and Sling TV inventory. Marketers will now be able to use Digital Ad Ratings to evaluate delivery to target demographics on Sling TV using audience measurement metrics.
News categories: Nielsen, DISH Media Sales, Amanda Tarpey, Kemal Bokhari, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Improvements in Advanced TV to propel U.S. local video advertising
Feb 6, 2018 – Progress in Advanced TV and the U.S. industry’s commitment to new methods that will improve interactivity and the viewer experience will help with the ascent of local video advertising in 2018, according to BIA/Kelsey.
News categories: BIA/Kelsey, Rick Ducey, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
DISH Media enables Volvo to target ads across both DISH and Sling TV
Sep 13, 2017 – DISH Media Sales has announced its first cross-platform addressable ad campaign, which enabled Volvo Cars to target TV viewers across DISH and Sling TV with a single buy. The campaign, executed through media agency Mindshare, allowed Volvo Cars to reach four segments of luxury car enthusiasts across both platforms.
News categories: DISH Media Sales, Volvo, Brian Norris, Kevin Corcoran, Advertising, USA
Sling TV ad slots now available programmatically through SpotX
May 16, 2017 – Advertisers seeking targeted consumer segments across premium over-the-top (OTT) video can now bid in real time on anonymous targeted impressions on Sling TV using one of the newly introduced top addressable data segments.
News categories: Sling TV, SpotX, Adam Lowy, Ben Abbatiello, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019