Digital TV News: DMT
KT unifies UX with Alticast Apex virtualization platform
Oct 3, 2017 – Alticast has announced that Korea Telecom is using Apex, Alticast’s user experience (UX) virtualization platform, to bring rich, uniform experiences to its set-top boxes. KT is using Apex to deliver a UX for both linear and on-demand content.
News categories: Alticast, Korea Telecom, Joonhee Oh, Jingi Choi, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, UX
iWedia and DMT partner for UHD IPTV/OTT hybrid STBs running Android TV
Apr 26, 2016 – Digital Multimedia Technology (DMT) and iWedia have announced the availability of a common offering for UHD IPTV/OTT hybrid STBs. The offer combines iWedia’s Teatro-3.5 STB software for Android TV running on DMT’s UHD IPTV/OTT STB.
News categories: iWedia, DMT, Sunghoon Kim, KW Lee, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Watch, Surf, and Play with the RCA Mobile TV Tablet
Jan 4, 2013 – The worlds of TV viewing and handheld computing come together in the new RCA Mobile TV Tablet (Model DDA850R) introduced at the International CES as the electronics industry's first dual-tuner mobile TV.
News categories: Dyle, RCA, CES2020, Digital TV, Mobile, Tablet
RCA is First to Launch New Line of Portable Television Products for Easy Reception of Both Standard and Mobile Digital TV Broadcasts
Jan 4, 2011 – With nearly 70 TV broadcasters now transmitting Mobile Digital TV signals in the U.S., RCA is launching a new line of portable digital television sets that have the capability of receiving both Mobile DTV and standard digital TV signals.
News categories: Digital Stream, ATSC, CES2020, Mobile, Portable, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
DMTV enlarges commercial Mobile TV services in four African countries
Jun 23, 2009 – Nokia Siemens Networks is providing DMTV with a DVB-H solution in Ghana, Kenya, Namibia and Nigeria. The system will allow the operators to provide an enhanced TV viewing experience on multiple devices, including the latest Nokia phones.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Mobile, Namibia, Nigeria
Safaricom, Nokia And DMTV Launch DVB-H in Kenya
Jun 15, 2009 – Following the signing of a partnership between Safaricom, Nokia (Helsinki:NOK1V; NYSE:NOK) and Digital Mobile TV (DMTV), Safaricom subscribers are able to enjoy 13 DStv Mobile channels on DVB-H capable Nokia phones.
News categories: Safaricom, Digital TV, Kenya, Mobile
Ecuador to also test ISDB-TB and DTMB
May 14, 2009 – In addition to ISDB and DVB, Ecuador's SUPERTEL is testing the Chinese standard (DTMB) and the Brazilian variant of the Japanese standard (ISDB-TB or SBTVD) with a decision to be taken on the broadcasting choice in June this year.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Digital TV, DTMB, Ecuador, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA