Digital TV News: DMT
KT unifies UX with Alticast Apex virtualization platform
Oct 3, 2017 – Alticast has announced that Korea Telecom is using Apex, Alticast’s user experience (UX) virtualization platform, to bring rich, uniform experiences to its set-top boxes. KT is using Apex to deliver a UX for both linear and on-demand content.
News categories: Alticast, Korea Telecom, Joonhee Oh, Jingi Choi, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, UX
iWedia and DMT partner for UHD IPTV/OTT hybrid STBs running Android TV
Apr 26, 2016 – Digital Multimedia Technology (DMT) and iWedia have announced the availability of a common offering for UHD IPTV/OTT hybrid STBs. The offer combines iWedia’s Teatro-3.5 STB software for Android TV running on DMT’s UHD IPTV/OTT STB.
News categories: iWedia, DMT, Sunghoon Kim, KW Lee, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Watch, Surf, and Play with the RCA Mobile TV Tablet
Jan 4, 2013 – The worlds of TV viewing and handheld computing come together in the new RCA Mobile TV Tablet (Model DDA850R) introduced at the International CES as the electronics industry's first dual-tuner mobile TV.
News categories: Dyle, RCA, CES2020, Digital TV, Mobile, Tablet
RCA is First to Launch New Line of Portable Television Products for Easy Reception of Both Standard and Mobile Digital TV Broadcasts
Jan 4, 2011 – With nearly 70 TV broadcasters now transmitting Mobile Digital TV signals in the U.S., RCA is launching a new line of portable digital television sets that have the capability of receiving both Mobile DTV and standard digital TV signals.
News categories: Digital Stream, ATSC, CES2020, Mobile, Portable, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
DMTV enlarges commercial Mobile TV services in four African countries
Jun 23, 2009 – Nokia Siemens Networks is providing DMTV with a DVB-H solution in Ghana, Kenya, Namibia and Nigeria. The system will allow the operators to provide an enhanced TV viewing experience on multiple devices, including the latest Nokia phones.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Mobile, Namibia, Nigeria
Safaricom, Nokia And DMTV Launch DVB-H in Kenya
Jun 15, 2009 – Following the signing of a partnership between Safaricom, Nokia (Helsinki:NOK1V; NYSE:NOK) and Digital Mobile TV (DMTV), Safaricom subscribers are able to enjoy 13 DStv Mobile channels on DVB-H capable Nokia phones.
News categories: Safaricom, Digital TV, Kenya, Mobile
Ecuador to also test ISDB-TB and DTMB
May 14, 2009 – In addition to ISDB and DVB, Ecuador's SUPERTEL is testing the Chinese standard (DTMB) and the Brazilian variant of the Japanese standard (ISDB-TB or SBTVD) with a decision to be taken on the broadcasting choice in June this year.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Digital TV, DTMB, Ecuador, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform