Digital TV News: DNA
THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
Jul 1, 2020 – THEO Technologies and Synamedia have launched the HESP Alliance. The goal is to fast-track the roll-out of low latency streaming by building an ecosystem around the High Efficiency Streaming Protocol (HESP) protocol.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Synamedia, Samie Beheydt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
May 22, 2020 – Telecentras and Bitė Lietuva have signed an agreement under which Bitė is to acquire Telecentro’s Internet, data transmission and IPTV business in Lithuania, which is being developed under the Mezon brand.
News categories: Bitė Lietuva, Telecentras, Pranas Kuisys, Vidas Danielius, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, MnA
Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
Apr 8, 2020 – Neustar is to make iSpot’s TV ad measurement data available within its management, attribution and analytics platforms, providing a granular and complete view of the full customer journey inclusive of linear, addressable, and OTT TV exposure.
News categories: Neustar, iSpot.tv, Michael Schoen, Sean Muller, Advertising, Big Data, Worldwide
THEO Technologies secures Series A funding
Mar 10, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that it raised $10M in a Series A funding round led by SmartFin Capital with participation from PMV and Media Invest Vlaanderen (MIV). THEO Technologies’ flagship product is its THEOplayer.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Steven Tielemans, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Belgium, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Tata Sky Binge offers content from multiple apps via a dedicated Fire TV Stick
Dec 16, 2019 – Tata Sky has launched Tata Sky Binge. Tata Sky Binge is accessible through a Tata Sky Edition of the Amazon FireTV Stick, and allows subscribers to stream from a diverse mix of apps through a single platform, with a single subscription fee.
News categories: Tata Sky, Amazon, Pallavi Puri, Parag Gupta, Gaurav Gandhi, Rishika Lulla Singh, Siddhartha Roy, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
DNA Finland to close its terrestrial TV network
Oct 28, 2019 – DNA is to close its VHF frequency-based terrestrial network in 2020. The company will also relinguish its terrestrial network license. DNA will be focusing on cable and broadband distribution, continuing to offer TV services throughout Finland.
News categories: DNA, Pekka Väisänen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, Terrestrial
Hibox provides TV platform for DNA's next-generation TV service
Sep 10, 2019 – DNA's next-generation TV service will use the Hibox Aura platform as the base for all video applications. With ready-to-use integrations and mature APIs, the platform allows application developers to easily build and deploy video applications on multiple devices.
News categories: Hibox, DNA, Staffan Granholm, Pekka Jääskeläinen, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, IBC2020, Middleware, Set Top Box
Synamedia launches new video network solutions at IBC
Sep 9, 2019 – At IBC, Synamedia will unveil additions to its video network portfolio and will show a real-world streaming use case with a latency from content ingest to display on the OTT device of just 6 seconds - equivalent to broadcast latency.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Media Player, Worldwide
Baita Conteúdo distributes HD channels via SES-6 in Brazil
Jul 25, 2019 – Thanks to a partnership with SES, Baita Conteúdo, which currently distributes its channels over the internet to cable TV operators in Brazil, will deliver the same channels via satellite and reach all cable and DTH operators served by SES-6.
News categories: SES S.A, Baita Conteúdo, Jurandir Pitsch, Pedro Bernardo, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers