Digital TV News: DR
Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
Sep 28, 2020 – The market for smart home devices is expected to grow from over 854 million units in 2020 to more than 1.4 billion units in 2024, according to IDC. Video entertainment devices are expected to remain the largest category.
News categories: IDC, Adam Wright, Jitesh Ubrani, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
Sep 28, 2020 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that Armstrong has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) alongside the recent incorporation of the TiVo platform into its STBs.
News categories: Verimatrix, Armstrong, Asaf Ashkenazi, Mike Giobbi, Chris Mley, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
Sep 24, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a next-generation Fire TV Stick, an all-new Fire TV Stick Lite, and a reimagined Fire TV experience that is more personal and customized.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Asia, Canada, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, UX
AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
Sep 24, 2020 – AdLedger has announced results from its CryptoRTB pilot. The protocol was used by MadHive and Beachfront to address three problems in the digital advertising industry: fraud, transparency, and consumer privacy.
News categories: AdLedger, MadHive, Beachfront, Christiana Cacciapuoti, Adam Helfgott, Frank Sinton, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
Sep 24, 2020 – ABI Research expects the VR market to grow in 2020 despite some negative impacts from COVID-19. The pandemic, however, has accelerated some trends and increased interest and adoption of immersive technologies.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
Sep 24, 2020 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced a renewal agreement with Graham Media Group. Under the agreement, Comscore will provide continued local TV and digital measurement across Graham Media's station footprint.
News categories: Comscore, Graham Media, Steve Walsh, Emily Barr, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
Sep 22, 2020 – While pandemic-driven lockdowns may have benefited certain forms of media, traditional pay TV is not one of them. According to eMarketer, cable, satellite, and telecom TV providers will lose the most subscribers ever.
News categories: eMarketer, Eric Haggstrom, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
Sep 22, 2020 – SpotX has announced programmatic solutions for linear addressable TV. The solutions are in part built in support Project OAR. SpotX is also powering programmatic executions within traditional STBs owned by MVPDs.
News categories: SpotX, The Trade Desk, AMC Networks, Project OAR, Matt McLeggon, Jon Tabak, Evan Adlman, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
Sep 22, 2020 – Pay-TV services revenue in India is expected to grow at a lethargic CAGR of 0.7% from US$3.19bn in 2020 to US$3.30bn in 2025 due to growing user substitution to OTT platforms, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Subscribers
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV