Digital TV News: DTS
Telefónica pay TV accesses up 12% in 2015
Feb 26, 2016 – Telefónica has presented results of the 2015 fiscal year. In the fourth quarter of 2015, revenues continue to be supported by the solid growth of pay TV accesses, with quarterly net additions of 117 thousand, resulting in a total base of 8.3 million in December.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, IPTV, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
Spain's Pay TV subscribers down 44,000 in 2Q 2015
Feb 5, 2016 – Spain’s Markets and Competition Commission (CNMC) has published telecommunications and audiovisual statistics for the country for the second quarter of 2015. In the quarter, total pay TV subscribers fell by 44,000 to 5.35 million, driven by a 150,000 reduction in satellite TV subscribers.
News categories: CNMC, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Terrestrial
MHL Consortium showcases superMHL at CES2016
Jan 5, 2016 – MHL Consortium will have the latest superMHL innovations on display at CES 2016. Attendees will be able to get hands-on with a complete 8K home entertainment system powered by superMHL technology. MHL’s latest specification supports advanced color and High Dynamic Range (HDR).
News categories: MHL Consortium, Futuresource, Gordon Hands, Jack Wetherill, CES, Mobile, Smart Home, Worldwide
MediaTek launches SoC for Ultra-HD 4K Blu-ray players
Jan 4, 2016 – MediaTek has announced its MT8581, a multimedia system-on-chip for Ultra High Definition (4K) Blu-ray players. The MT8581 will power the industry's first Blu-ray players to use both Ultra-HD (UHD) and high-dynamic range imaging (HDR).
News categories: MediaTek, Joe Chen, Blu-ray, CES, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
EU objects to cross-border provision of pay-TV services available in UK and Ireland
Jul 23, 2015 – The European Commission has taken the preliminary view that six studios and Sky UK have bilaterally agreed to put in place contractual restrictions that prevent Sky UK from allowing EU consumers located elsewhere to access, via satellite or online, pay-TV services available in the UK and Ireland.
News categories: European Commission, Margrethe Vestager, EU, Ireland, Regulation, Satellite, UK
DTS-HD sound technology added to Alibaba Tmall Box STB
Apr 13, 2015 – DTS (Nasdaq: DTSI) has announced that its DTS-HD sound technology has been integrated into the Tmall Box set-top box from Alibaba (NYSE:BABA). The Tmall Box is powered by an Amlogic quad-core SoC.
News categories: DTS, Alibaba, Amlogic, Brian Towne, Patrick Liu, China, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Telefónica takes the lead in pay TV subscribers in Spain
Apr 11, 2015 – Spain’s Markets and Competition Commission (CNMC) has published statistics for the fourth quarter of 2014. In the quarter, total pay TV subscribers rose by 350,000 to pass the 5 million mark, driven once again almost entirely by growth in IPTV subscribers at Telefónica.
News categories: CNMC, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Silicon Image introduces world's first superMHL/HDMI 2.0 port processor
Mar 16, 2015 – Silicon Image has announced the world’s first superMHL/HDMI 2.0 port processor. The SiI9779 supports superMHL which is targeted at the home theater/CE market and delivers 8K 60fps video and immersive object audio.
News categories: Silicon Image, Cheng Hwee Chee, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
ATSC begins review of ATSC 3.0 Audio System proposals
Mar 10, 2015 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) has begun its technical review of three detailed proposals for the audio system for the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard that is in the process of developing.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Mark Richer, ATSC, Digital TV, Media Player, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- Technicolor joins the HEVC Advance patent pool
- Verizon to give customers 12 months of Disney+
- Roku to acquire dataxu
- Wyplay and SmarDTV to offer off-the-shelf Android TV platforms
- Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
- YuppTV joins forces with BSNL for triple play services
- Comscore to provide measurement for Premion's CTV/OTT ad platform
- egta and The Global TV Group define ad measurement standards
- Xandr adds Clypd to its portfolio of products and services
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph