Digital TV News: DTS
Silicon Image introduces world's first superMHL/HDMI 2.0 port processor
Mar 16, 2015 – Silicon Image has announced the world’s first superMHL/HDMI 2.0 port processor. The SiI9779 supports superMHL which is targeted at the home theater/CE market and delivers 8K 60fps video and immersive object audio.
News categories: Silicon Image, Cheng Hwee Chee, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
ATSC begins review of ATSC 3.0 Audio System proposals
Mar 10, 2015 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) has begun its technical review of three detailed proposals for the audio system for the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard that is in the process of developing.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Mark Richer, ATSC, Digital TV, Media Player, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
M-GO VOD service to offer DTS-HD multi-channel surround sound
Feb 27, 2015 – DTS (Nasdaq: DTSI) and M-GO have announced an agreement for DTS to provide its DTS-HD multi-channel surround sound as part of M-GO's consumer experience. The audio encoding will be deployed in stages across all M-GO compatible devices over the coming months.
News categories: DTS, M-GO, Geir Skaaden, Arnaud Retureau, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Xiaomi launches 'Mi Box mini' streaming set-top box
Jan 15, 2015 – Xiaomi has announced the release of its Mi Box mini streaming set-top box in China. The box is one quarter the size of the previously announced Mi Box and fits directly into a mains socket.
News categories: Xiaomi, China, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
MHL Consortium announces superMHL - first to support 8K
Jan 6, 2015 – MHL Consortium has announced the superMHL™ specification, the next-generation of MHL® technology for CE and mobile devices. superMHL delivers higher resolution and frame rates along with 40W of power charging, while broadening MHL’s reach by supporting 8K video resolution.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Rob Tobias, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deluxe expands 4K UHD capabilities of Deluxe OnDemand™
Dec 15, 2014 – Deluxe has announced enhancements to its cloud-based content supply and VOD management solution. The features enable service providers to launch 4K Ultra HD services without additional infrastructure investment or workflow costs.
News categories: Deluxe Digital Distribution, Todd Collart, Content Distribution, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
PRISA accepts Telefónica offer for CANAL+ stake
May 7, 2014 – Promotora de Informaciones (PRISA) has announced that its Board of Directors has resolved to accept the offer received from Telefónica for the purchase of PRISA’s stake of 56% in DTS Distribuidora de Televisión Digital.
News categories: PRISA, Telefónica, MnA, Satellite, Spain
EU investigates restrictions affecting cross border provision of pay TV services
Jan 13, 2014 – The European Commission has opened formal antitrust proceedings to examine certain provisions in licensing agreements between several major US film studios and the largest European pay-TV broadcasters.
News categories: European Commission, Digital TV, EU, Regulation
Qualcomm announces Ultra HD processor for TVs and Set-Top-Boxes
Jan 6, 2014 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) has introduced the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 802 processor, the first fully integrated system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed for next-generation smart TVs, smart set-top boxes and smart digital media adapters.
News categories: Qualcomm, Murthy Renduchintala, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020