Digital TV News: DTV Service
Pearl TV using Triveni Digital for ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance
Apr 2, 2019 – Triveni Digital has announced that Pearl TV is using Triveni Digital's StreamScope XM Verifier. StreamScope XM Verifier gives Pearl TV stations a view of the ATSC 3.0 service, allowing them to verify a wide range of ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance metrics.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Ralph Bachofen, Bob Chase, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
GatesAir wins Ivory Coast DTT transition contract
Feb 26, 2019 – GatesAir continues its long-standing business relationship with the Republic of Ivory Coast through a turnkey equipment and services contract to support the African country’s national digital TV (DTV) network.
News categories: GatesAir, Ivoirienne de Télédiffusion, Bruce D. Swail, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DVB-T2
GatesAir and Sonotec convert ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb in two cities
Aug 6, 2018 – With the multi-year analog sunset now underway in Bolivia, GatesAir, working with regional partner Sonotec, has transitioned ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb digital TV in the cities of Cochabamba and La Paz.
News categories: GatesAir, ATB, Sonotec, Rich Redmond, Javier Fernandez, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Techtel installs new DVB-T2 transmitter in Papua New Guinea
Jul 10, 2018 – Techtel has commissioned a transmitter system for digital terrestrial TV in Papua New Guinea for a local service provider, enabling the delivery of more than 30 additional services in Port Moresby via two newly added transport streams.
News categories: Techtel, Egatel, Mal Chandler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Melanesia, Terrestrial
More than half of Smart HD TVs sold in the UK have Freeview Play
Jul 31, 2017 – Freeview has announced that Freeview Play TVs account for more than half of all Smart HD TV sales in the UK. In June, 55% of Smart HD TVs sold were Freeview Play enabled, a rise of 20 percentage points since January 2017.
News categories: Freeview, Guy North, Dan Hastings, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Smart TV, UK
GatesAir provides turnkey DVB-T2 system for Abuja
Jan 4, 2017 – GatesAir, along with Nigerian channel partner Pinnacle Communications, has announced the build-out and launch of a turnkey DVB-T2 transmission system serving the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city.
News categories: GatesAir, Phil Argyris, Dipo Onifade, Sir Lucky Omoluwa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Nigeria, Terrestrial
GatesAir announces TV transmitter deals in Vietnam
Sep 26, 2016 – GatesAir has announced three wins in Vietnam. National broadcaster Vietnam Television (VTV) recently placed two orders for transmitter network expansions. The second project is specific to VTV5, a specialty channel serving ethnic minority communities.
News categories: GatesAir, VTV, Darren Frearson, Luong Ngoc Thanh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Vietnam
NAGRA powers Hinduja Group NXT Digital 'HITS' platform
Oct 1, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its anyCAST content protection and OpenTV middleware are enabling the Hinduja Group’s NXT Digital 'HITS' platform which will provide backend operations to local and multi-system cable operators in India.
News categories: NAGRA, Hinduja Ventures, Jean-Luc Jezouin, Tony D’Silva, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Satellite
Philippines' Starmobile launches smartphone with DTV
Jun 1, 2015 – Starmobile has introduced the new Starmobile UP Max, a 5-inch quad core Lollipop phone with a 5000mAh battery and a built-in DTV tuner. The phone has a battery life of up to 24 hours talk time, 10 hours DTV time, and 41.25 days of standby.
News categories: Starmobile, Digital TV, Philippines, Smartphone, Terrestrial
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet