Digital TV News: Dailymotion
U.S. broadband households watch two hours of alternative content on a computer each week
Jul 12, 2018 – Research from Parks Associates reveals that U.S. broadband households watch an average of two hours of alternative content on a computer each week from sources including Facebook, SnapChat, YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Dailymotion releases update to player technology
Apr 25, 2018 – Dailymotion has released a new version of its online video player offering for publishers. The Dailymotion Player allows companies to stream across their owned properties and automatically syndicate their content to a broader audience via Dailymotion’s global publisher network.
News categories: Dailymotion, Guillaume Clément, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Nearly 5 million in France watch TV on a second screen each day
Nov 23, 2017 – Every day in France 4.9 million individuals aged 4 and over watch TV programmes live or as catch up on internet screens. Last year, they were 3.9 million, according to the previous edition of Médiamétrie’s Global TV survey.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
SERAPHIC and Foxxum working together to upgrade TV UI experience
Sep 15, 2017 – At IBC2017, SERAPHIC has teamed up with Smart TV solutions provider Foxxum to demonstrate a new white-label product. 'Foxxum TV' is a unified TV UI solution, based on SERAPHIC’s HTML5 browser engine, which supports both basic and Smart TV features.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Foxxum, Ye Wang, Ronny Lutzi, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
ACCESS TV browsers pre-integrated by Foxxum
May 23, 2017 – ACCESS CO. has announced that its portfolio of TV browsers are being pre-integrated by the Smart TV solutions provider Foxxum. The partnership aims to improve the quality of experience of Foxxum’s Smart TV App Store on Linux and Android devices.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Foxxum, Dr. Neale Foster, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Digital TV, Worldwide
Opera TV join forces with JW Player
May 2, 2017 – Opera TV has announced JW Player as its newest Opera TV Snap partner. Together, Opera TV Snap and JW Player will enable JW Players’ over two million supported websites to package online video channels into ready-to-run TV apps.
News categories: Opera TV, JW Player, Daniel Nordberg, Dave Otten, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vivendi selects Streamroot for OTT video delivery
Apr 21, 2017 – Streamroot has announced that it has entered into an agreement to help Vivendi deliver large-scale OTT video content. Vivendi is implementing Streamroot DNA to improve quality of experience and cut operating costs.
News categories: Streamroot, Canal+ Group, Vivendi, Pierre-Louis Théron, Philippe Rivas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, OTT, Satellite
Billion Plus Computing launches Watch Anything, Anytime! OTT box
Jan 30, 2017 – Watching what one loves on the TV just got easier with the ReTV X1 streaming device. This Internet set top box, launched by Billion Plus Computing, a tech startup based out of Mumbai, is aimed at enabling everyone, including Indian homemakers, parents and kids, to watch movies, shows and online videos of their choice on the TV.
News categories: Billion Plus Computing, Ashish Dinkar, Digital TV, India, OTT, Set Top Box
Dailymotion selects Streamroot for OTT video delivery
Oct 26, 2016 – Streamroot has announced that Dailymotion has selected Streamroot to better control cost and quality of service. Dailymotion has implemented Streamroot’s patented peer-to-peer delivery technology on both its live and VoD content.
News categories: Streamroot, Dailymotion, Pierre-Louis Théron, Pierre-Yves Kerembellec, Guillaume du Pontavice, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions