Digital TV News: Dailymotion
Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
May 26, 2020 – Dailymotion has announced a strategic partnership with Huawei Video, Huawei's Entertainment Service. Through the partnership, Huawei Video has integrated Dailymotion’s video player technology in its application.
News categories: Dailymotion, Huawei, Stéphane Godin, Jervis Su, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
U.S. broadband households watch two hours of alternative content on a computer each week
Jul 12, 2018 – Research from Parks Associates reveals that U.S. broadband households watch an average of two hours of alternative content on a computer each week from sources including Facebook, SnapChat, YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Dailymotion releases update to player technology
Apr 25, 2018 – Dailymotion has released a new version of its online video player offering for publishers. The Dailymotion Player allows companies to stream across their owned properties and automatically syndicate their content to a broader audience via Dailymotion’s global publisher network.
News categories: Dailymotion, Guillaume Clément, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Nearly 5 million in France watch TV on a second screen each day
Nov 23, 2017 – Every day in France 4.9 million individuals aged 4 and over watch TV programmes live or as catch up on internet screens. Last year, they were 3.9 million, according to the previous edition of Médiamétrie’s Global TV survey.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
SERAPHIC and Foxxum working together to upgrade TV UI experience
Sep 15, 2017 – At IBC2017, SERAPHIC has teamed up with Smart TV solutions provider Foxxum to demonstrate a new white-label product. 'Foxxum TV' is a unified TV UI solution, based on SERAPHIC’s HTML5 browser engine, which supports both basic and Smart TV features.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Foxxum, Ye Wang, Ronny Lutzi, Digital TV, HTML5, IBCShowcase, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
ACCESS TV browsers pre-integrated by Foxxum
May 23, 2017 – ACCESS CO. has announced that its portfolio of TV browsers are being pre-integrated by the Smart TV solutions provider Foxxum. The partnership aims to improve the quality of experience of Foxxum’s Smart TV App Store on Linux and Android devices.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Foxxum, Dr. Neale Foster, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Digital TV, Worldwide
Opera TV join forces with JW Player
May 2, 2017 – Opera TV has announced JW Player as its newest Opera TV Snap partner. Together, Opera TV Snap and JW Player will enable JW Players’ over two million supported websites to package online video channels into ready-to-run TV apps.
News categories: Opera TV, JW Player, Daniel Nordberg, Dave Otten, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vivendi selects Streamroot for OTT video delivery
Apr 21, 2017 – Streamroot has announced that it has entered into an agreement to help Vivendi deliver large-scale OTT video content. Vivendi is implementing Streamroot DNA to improve quality of experience and cut operating costs.
News categories: Streamroot, Canal+ Group, Vivendi, Pierre-Louis Théron, Philippe Rivas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, OTT, Satellite
Billion Plus Computing launches Watch Anything, Anytime! OTT box
Jan 30, 2017 – Watching what one loves on the TV just got easier with the ReTV X1 streaming device. This Internet set top box, launched by Billion Plus Computing, a tech startup based out of Mumbai, is aimed at enabling everyone, including Indian homemakers, parents and kids, to watch movies, shows and online videos of their choice on the TV.
News categories: Billion Plus Computing, Ashish Dinkar, Digital TV, India, OTT, Set Top Box
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box