Digital TV News: Datacom
Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
Jun 18, 2019 – Broadpeak is working with Astro Malaysia to strengthen the latter's OTT video delivery service through its multicast ABR solution. Astro is using the solution to distribute 20 MPEG-DASH live channels to Android TVs and iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Broadpeak, Astro, Jacques Le Mancq, Shahrul Imran Sultan, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Datacom signed-up as Viaccess-Orca system integrator in APAC
Jun 11, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Datacom is the first company to sign-up to VO's system integration partnership program. Datacom will play a role in bringing VO's content protection and TV platform solutions to Asia-Pacific countries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Datacom, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Bo Guan, Australia, China, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam
Hathway selects Verimatrix to secure DVB hybrid network on Android TV
Oct 11, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced Hathway as its latest Verimatrix VCAS Ultra customer. Hathway selected the cardless solution to secure its new DVB Hybrid Cable Box, which is the first STB of its kind in India to be built on the Android TV O operating system.
News categories: Verimatrix, Hathway, Steve Oetegenn, Vivekanand Tripathi, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
Hathway deploys 0.4 million Phase III and IV STBs in 4Q 2016
Feb 9, 2017 – According to its results for the quarter ended December 31, 2016, Hathway Cable & Datacom (BSE:533162 NSE:HATHWAY) deployed 0.4 million set-top boxes in Phase III and IV areas during the period. This brings its total STB deployments to 12.2 million.
News categories: Hathway, Cable TV, India, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Technicolor to provide Hathway with Gateway and HD Set-Top Box
Jul 17, 2013 – Technicolor (PARIS: TCH) has announced that it has been awarded two contracts from Hathway, India's leading cable broadband service provider, for MediaAccess gateways and MediaPlay set-top boxes.
News categories: Technicolor, Hathway, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, India, Set Top Box
Hathway deploys 1.7 million DAS set-top boxes in Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata
Nov 15, 2012 – According to its results for Q2 FY 13, Hathway (BSE:533162; NSE:HATHWAY) has completed the roll out of DAS in the Phase I cities of Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata. As of end October 2012 the Company had cumulatively deployed 1.7 million set-top boxes in these cities.
News categories: Hathway, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers
IMAQLIQ and Opera Software bring latest browsing technology to IPTV
Feb 2, 2011 – Opera Software has announced a collaboration with IMAQLIQ to provide the latest technology to consumers using IPTV. IMAQLIQ, a Russian developer of telecommunications equipment, will integrate Opera on its line of devices for interactive TV.
News categories: Opera Software, IMAQLIQ, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Hathway becomes India's first Cable TV MSO to reach one million digital subscribers
Oct 1, 2010 – NDS has announced that it is now powering one million digital TV connections for Hathway, India's leading Multi System Operator (MSO). Hathway, the fastest growing MSO in India, has become the first to reach the digital subscriber milestone.
News categories: Hathway, NDS Group, Cable TV, India, Subscribers
NDS and Hathway Announce New Agreement to Accelerate Digital Cable Deployment in India
May 5, 2010 – NDS has announced that it has signed a new agreement with Hathway which will enable Hathway to rapidly accelerate deployment of digital STBs and significantly boost its digital cable TV subscriber base in India over the next 12 months.
News categories: NDS Group, Hathway, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, India, Middleware, Set Top Box
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019