Digital TV News: Deloitte
Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
May 22, 2020 – Telecentras and Bitė Lietuva have signed an agreement under which Bitė is to acquire Telecentro’s Internet, data transmission and IPTV business in Lithuania, which is being developed under the Mezon brand.
News categories: Bitė Lietuva, Telecentras, Pranas Kuisys, Vidas Danielius, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, MnA
Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
Oct 14, 2019 – Australian consumers are feeling overwhelmed with the number of content streaming options available in the media landscape, according to a Deloitte survey, suggesting aggregation could be one solution to the problem.
News categories: Deloitte, Kimberly Chang, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
U.S. consumers piecing together their own personalized entertainment experiences
Mar 19, 2019 – American consumers are taking their entertainment matters into their own hands and piecing together their experiences across multiple services to access their favorite content, according to Deloitte’s 13th edition of the Digital Media Trends survey.
News categories: Deloitte, Kevin Westcott, Dr. Jeff Loucks, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, USA
Innovid receives $30 million in funding from Goldman Sachs
Jan 7, 2019 – Innovid has announced that it has secured $30 million in pre-IPO funding from Goldman Sachs’ Private Capital Investing group. Innovid will use the additional capital to further its innovation and leadership in the connected TV advertising technology market.
News categories: Innovid, Goldman Sachs, Zvika Netter, Hillel Moerman, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Private Equity, USA, Worldwide
Deloitte releases annual Australian Media Consumer Survey
Sep 17, 2018 – According to Deloitte, Australians are seeing the rise of telco-tainment, esports and in-home voice technology, but with more entertainment options than ever, consumers are looking for new ways to search for the best program and the best value.
News categories: Deloitte, Niki Alcorn, Kimberly Chang, Leora Nevezie, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
America's appetite for streaming video continues to grow
Mar 20, 2018 – American consumers' appetite for streaming video continues to grow, and they have no qualms shelling out cash for original content, according to Deloitte's 12th edition of the 'Digital Media Trends Survey'.
News categories: Deloitte, Kevin Westcott, Dr. Jeff Loucks, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, USA
LiveRamp launches IdentityLink for television
Mar 5, 2018 – LiveRamp (NASDAQ: ACXM) has announced the extension of its IdentityLink platform to television. For the first time, brands, agencies, programmers and technology platforms will be able to execute people-based TV media planning, buying and measurement that is scalable and secure across the TV ecosystem.
News categories: LiveRamp, Allison Metcalfe, Anneka Gupta, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Deloitte India TMT Predictions 2018 report
Jan 17, 2018 – Deloitte India's publication on TMT predicts major advances in machine learning, VoLTE technology services and OTT platforms, as well as other trends. OTT platforms are witnessing an explosion in original content due to increase in consumption and viewership.
News categories: Deloitte, PN Sudarshan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
Deloitte releases Global TMT Predictions
Dec 12, 2017 – Deloitte Global forecasts major strides in machine learning for the enterprise, a worldwide appetite for digital subscriptions among consumers, and ongoing smartphone dominance—along with eight additional predictions.
News categories: Deloitte, Paul Sallomi, Mark Casey, Craig Wigginton, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0