Digital TV News: Deloitte
Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
Oct 14, 2019 – Australian consumers are feeling overwhelmed with the number of content streaming options available in the media landscape, according to a Deloitte survey, suggesting aggregation could be one solution to the problem.
News categories: Deloitte, Kimberly Chang, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
U.S. consumers piecing together their own personalized entertainment experiences
Mar 19, 2019 – American consumers are taking their entertainment matters into their own hands and piecing together their experiences across multiple services to access their favorite content, according to Deloitte’s 13th edition of the Digital Media Trends survey.
News categories: Deloitte, Kevin Westcott, Dr. Jeff Loucks, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, USA
Innovid receives $30 million in funding from Goldman Sachs
Jan 7, 2019 – Innovid has announced that it has secured $30 million in pre-IPO funding from Goldman Sachs’ Private Capital Investing group. Innovid will use the additional capital to further its innovation and leadership in the connected TV advertising technology market.
News categories: Innovid, Goldman Sachs, Zvika Netter, Hillel Moerman, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Private Equity, USA, Worldwide
Deloitte releases annual Australian Media Consumer Survey
Sep 17, 2018 – According to Deloitte, Australians are seeing the rise of telco-tainment, esports and in-home voice technology, but with more entertainment options than ever, consumers are looking for new ways to search for the best program and the best value.
News categories: Deloitte, Niki Alcorn, Kimberly Chang, Leora Nevezie, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
America's appetite for streaming video continues to grow
Mar 20, 2018 – American consumers' appetite for streaming video continues to grow, and they have no qualms shelling out cash for original content, according to Deloitte's 12th edition of the 'Digital Media Trends Survey'.
News categories: Deloitte, Kevin Westcott, Dr. Jeff Loucks, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, USA
LiveRamp launches IdentityLink for television
Mar 5, 2018 – LiveRamp (NASDAQ: ACXM) has announced the extension of its IdentityLink platform to television. For the first time, brands, agencies, programmers and technology platforms will be able to execute people-based TV media planning, buying and measurement that is scalable and secure across the TV ecosystem.
News categories: LiveRamp, Allison Metcalfe, Anneka Gupta, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Deloitte India TMT Predictions 2018 report
Jan 17, 2018 – Deloitte India's publication on TMT predicts major advances in machine learning, VoLTE technology services and OTT platforms, as well as other trends. OTT platforms are witnessing an explosion in original content due to increase in consumption and viewership.
News categories: Deloitte, PN Sudarshan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
Deloitte releases Global TMT Predictions
Dec 12, 2017 – Deloitte Global forecasts major strides in machine learning for the enterprise, a worldwide appetite for digital subscriptions among consumers, and ongoing smartphone dominance—along with eight additional predictions.
News categories: Deloitte, Paul Sallomi, Mark Casey, Craig Wigginton, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Deloitte releases Australia 2017 Media Consumer Survey
Aug 14, 2017 – Deloitte’s 2017 Media Consumer Survey shows that there is much in how Australian consumers are behaving that is positive for the media industry. Subscriptions to SVOD have increased since last year, surpassing Pay TV subscriptions for the first time.
News categories: Deloitte, Kimberly Chang, Niki Alcorn, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023
- ITV announces new addressable advertising platform: Planet V
- Eutelsat signs up Orao Telecom Congo for CIRRUS hybrid satellite/OTT
- Disney+ gets some traction, Apple TV lags in streaming wars
- Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers