Digital TV News: Deloitte
U.S. consumers piecing together their own personalized entertainment experiences
Mar 19, 2019 – American consumers are taking their entertainment matters into their own hands and piecing together their experiences across multiple services to access their favorite content, according to Deloitte’s 13th edition of the Digital Media Trends survey.
News categories: Deloitte, Kevin Westcott, Dr. Jeff Loucks, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, USA
Innovid receives $30 million in funding from Goldman Sachs
Jan 7, 2019 – Innovid has announced that it has secured $30 million in pre-IPO funding from Goldman Sachs’ Private Capital Investing group. Innovid will use the additional capital to further its innovation and leadership in the connected TV advertising technology market.
News categories: Innovid, Goldman Sachs, Zvika Netter, Hillel Moerman, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Private Equity, USA, Worldwide
Deloitte releases annual Australian Media Consumer Survey
Sep 17, 2018 – According to Deloitte, Australians are seeing the rise of telco-tainment, esports and in-home voice technology, but with more entertainment options than ever, consumers are looking for new ways to search for the best program and the best value.
News categories: Deloitte, Niki Alcorn, Kimberly Chang, Leora Nevezie, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
America's appetite for streaming video continues to grow
Mar 20, 2018 – American consumers' appetite for streaming video continues to grow, and they have no qualms shelling out cash for original content, according to Deloitte's 12th edition of the 'Digital Media Trends Survey'.
News categories: Deloitte, Kevin Westcott, Dr. Jeff Loucks, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, USA
LiveRamp launches IdentityLink for television
Mar 5, 2018 – LiveRamp (NASDAQ: ACXM) has announced the extension of its IdentityLink platform to television. For the first time, brands, agencies, programmers and technology platforms will be able to execute people-based TV media planning, buying and measurement that is scalable and secure across the TV ecosystem.
News categories: LiveRamp, Allison Metcalfe, Anneka Gupta, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Deloitte India TMT Predictions 2018 report
Jan 17, 2018 – Deloitte India's publication on TMT predicts major advances in machine learning, VoLTE technology services and OTT platforms, as well as other trends. OTT platforms are witnessing an explosion in original content due to increase in consumption and viewership.
News categories: Deloitte, PN Sudarshan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
Deloitte releases Global TMT Predictions
Dec 12, 2017 – Deloitte Global forecasts major strides in machine learning for the enterprise, a worldwide appetite for digital subscriptions among consumers, and ongoing smartphone dominance—along with eight additional predictions.
News categories: Deloitte, Paul Sallomi, Mark Casey, Craig Wigginton, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Deloitte releases Australia 2017 Media Consumer Survey
Aug 14, 2017 – Deloitte’s 2017 Media Consumer Survey shows that there is much in how Australian consumers are behaving that is positive for the media industry. Subscriptions to SVOD have increased since last year, surpassing Pay TV subscriptions for the first time.
News categories: Deloitte, Kimberly Chang, Niki Alcorn, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
UK media and entertainment sector remains robust
Jun 21, 2017 – The combined revenues of the 100 largest media and entertainment companies in the UK increased to a new record of £96.3bn in the last financial year, according to Deloitte. TV Production and Distribution was the most profitable sub-sector.
News categories: Deloitte, Dan Ison, Paul Lee, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box