Digital TV News: Deutsche Glasfaser
RFT kabel plans IPTV service in cooperation with BrightBlue
Mar 28, 2019 – German network operator, RFT kabel, has announced that it is planning to add an IPTV service to its portfolio via a strategic partnership with BrightBlue. BrightBlue's technology offers a TV solution tailor-made for cable TV operators.
News categories: BrightBlue, RFT kabel, Uwe Nickl, Stefan Tiemann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box
Deutsche Glasfaser selects Amino for next wave of DGTV deployments
Sep 16, 2017 – Amino has announced that it has been chosen by Deutsche Glasfaser, the largest provider of fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) networks in Germany, to support the second phase rollout of its next-generation TV platform.
News categories: Amino, Deutsche Glasfaser, Mark Evensen, Uwe Nickl, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2020, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
Agama Technologies selected by Deutsche Glasfaser
Sep 6, 2016 – Agama has announced that Deutsche Glasfaser is implementing Agama's video service assurance solution. Deutsche Glasfaser operates Germany's most far-reaching independent open access FTTH networks along with an IPTV platform.
News categories: Agama, Deutsche Glasfaser, Mikael Dahlgren, Niels Jonkman, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box
Nearly 15 million FTTH/B subscribers in Europe
Feb 11, 2015 – The number of fibre to the home (FTTH) and fibre to the building (FTTB) subscribers in Europe has soared, increasing by 50% over the 12 months ending December 2014, according to the FTTH Council Europe.
News categories: FTTH Council, Karin Ahl, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
24i and Unified Streaming provide app and content for Deutsche Glasfaser fibre TV
Nov 4, 2014 – App developer 24i and streaming-platform provider Unified Streaming have collaborated on an OTT TV-Everywhere service for German fibre operator Deutsche Glasfaser. The Dutch companies have co-operated to deliver a seamless back-end to front-end solution.
News categories: 24i, Unified Streaming, Deutsche Glasfaser, Jacob Zwagemaker, Simon Westbroek, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Deutsche Glasfaser selects Verimatrix for multiscreen TV
Sep 10, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that Deutsche Glasfaser has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) to provide revenue security for its linear TV, radio, VOD and multiscreen services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Deutsche Glasfaser, Niels Jonkman, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, Digital TV, Fibre, Germany, IBC2020, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
Deutsche Glasfaser selects ABOX42 STB for fibre TV in Germany
Sep 9, 2014 – ABOX42 has announced that Deutsche Glasfaser has selected ABOX42's M-Series SmartSTB platform for its 'DGTV' service. Deutsche Glasfaser is one of the first major operators to deliver a full live IPTV service using unicast technologies.
News categories: ABOX42, Deutsche Glasfaser, Niels Jonkman, Matthias Greve, Content Protection, Digital TV, Fibre, Germany, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC2020, IPTV, Set Top Box
Elemental powers Deutsche Glasfaser linear and multiscreen TV
Aug 25, 2014 – Elemental has announced that Deutsche Glasfaser, a fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) network provider, is using Elemental video processing for delivery of linear TV, radio, video-on-demand (VOD) and multiscreen services to regional subscribers in Germany.
News categories: Elemental, Deutsche Glasfaser, Niels Jonkman, John Nemeth, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Germany, IBC2020, IPTV, Mobile
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers