Digital TV News: DiBcom
DiBcom Launches Digital TV & Radio Chip for Automotive Head Units
Sep 4, 2012 – DiBcom has announced a new circuit dedicated to head units, for Mobile TV and Digital Radio integration into Automobiles. The chip supports all active digital TV formats in the World such as ISDB-T; DVB-T; DAB/DAB+; T-DMB, CMMB and CTTB; ATSC and ATSC M/H.
News categories: DiBcom, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, IBC2020, ICs, In-Car, ISDB-T, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
BRIC Countries to Drive DTT Receiver Market
Jul 23, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the DTT Receiver market. The active base for DTT Receivers is projected to reach 2.4 billion units by 2018, driven by TV digitization in the BRIC countries.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Broadcast Multimedia Mobile project receives French government funding
Dec 14, 2011 – The French government has confirmed a grant to a consortium of 8 partners led by TDF, to fund part (30%) of the development of their B2M (Broadcast Multimedia Mobile) project.
News categories: TDF, France, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
Alcatel-Lucent Paves the Way for Planning ISDB-T Digital Terrestrial Networks Using Technologies Developed by DiBcom
Nov 21, 2011 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris, NYSE: ALU) and DiBcom have entered into a new partnership, this time for radio planning for ISDB-T networks in South America, promoting their technologies and working methods through the Argentinean broadcasting network study project.
News categories: DiBcom, Alcatel-Lucent, Argentina, Content Distribution, ISDB-T, Latin America, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Silicon TV Tuners Value Expected to Reach US$ 750 Million in 2015
Aug 16, 2011 – The transition from older-style can-type tuners to silicon TV tuners finally began to occur in 2010. According to new In-Stat research, sales of silicon TV tuners will reach $750 million in 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Worldwide Mobile TV Tuner Market Value to Exceed $400 Million by 2014
Nov 2, 2010 – Digital mobile TV services are ramping up throughout Asia, as well as Latin America. In the US, new ATSC mobile DTV services are launching. As a result, In-Stat expects the worldwide market value of mobile TV tuners to exceed $400 million by 2014.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor
DiBcom Selected by Huawei for Latin America Datacard with High Definition TV
Sep 7, 2010 – DiBcom has announced the selection of its DIB10096 by Huawei, the number one manufacturer of 3G/HSPA dongles. The chip is the first to support Full-Seg ISDB-T for mobile usage, enabling HDTV reception on PCs in Latin America alongside broadband access.
News categories: DiBcom, Huawei, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, SBTVD, Semiconductor
DiBcom to Launch DVB-T and ISDB-T Tuner-Demodulator SoCs for TV Receivers
May 31, 2010 – DiBcom has unveiled its 2 new tuner-demodulator System on Chip (SoC) for DVB-T and ISDB-T full-seg, offering digital TV high performance technology for portable or fixed reception. Set top boxes, TV sets or PCTV can be addressed by the components.
News categories: DiBcom, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB-T, Peripherals / Accessories, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ATSC-M/H, Another Opportunity for DiBcom
Apr 8, 2010 – DiBcom will be demonstrating its Octopus programmable platform at the NAB Show. The Octopus circuit enables manufacturers to develop a single hardware design to meet the challenge of the proliferation of fixed and mobile TV standards.
News categories: DiBcom, Mobile, NABShow, Semiconductor
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0