Digital TV News: Digicable
Pay TV services market in India rapidly transforming
Jan 31, 2018 – The Pay TV services market in India has been rapidly transforming as a result of mandates such as digitization, GST, and demonetization. A social revolution in terms of content consumed, willingness to pay, rising trend of OTT video viewing, and demand for unconventional entertainment is shaping the mindset and outlook of the masses.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Vidya S. Nath, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile
India's Digicable upgrades to Conax Contego Plus conditional access
Jan 16, 2013 – Conax has announced that Indian MSO, Digicable, is upgrading to Conax' Contego Plus™ content security solution. The upgrade supports advanced, flexible, interactive on-demand services, while ensure Digicable content revenues are secure.
News categories: Conax, Digicable, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, India
Digicable adopts NXP's DVB-C solution for new range of STBs
Mar 25, 2009 – Digicable has adopted NXP's STB150 DVB-C integrated solution for new range of STBs that provides next sensory experience to consumers. NXP demonstrated the STB150 reference design at the NXP booth at Convergence India 2009, held in New Delhi.
News categories: NXP, Digicable, Indieon Technologies, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Latens to Protect Digicable's 12 Million Subscribers
Jul 15, 2008 – Latens has announced that it has been awarded the contract to provide its Latens BCAS next generation conditional access system to Digicable Network (India) to protect and enable a national broadcast cable Pay-TV network.
News categories: Latens, Digicable Network, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, India
Teleste receives an order from Digicable, India for their Pan India IP-based digital television platform
Jun 26, 2008 – Teleste (Helsinki: TLT1V) has been selected by Digicable Network (India) Pvt Ltd to deliver their new compact IP-based digital television platform. The value of the initial order is 12 million euros.
News categories: Digicable, Teleste, Cable TV, Content Distribution, India, IPTV
Four Receiver Manufacturers adopt S&T RedKey MHEG-5 solution for new markets
Mar 10, 2008 – Strategy & Technology Client Systems Ltd (S&T Client Systems) has announced that four leading Asia-based receiver manufacturers have licensed its RedKey MHEG-5 receiver engine.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box
Digicable India selects complete S&T MHEG-5 solution for new network
Feb 22, 2008 – Strategy & Technology has announced that Digicable Network (India) has selected MHEG-5 technology from the company to create a complete end-to-end interactive TV solution.
News categories: S&T, Digicable, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica