Digital TV News: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem
GoLive selects DivX OmniView to power Smart TV OTT service
Jan 5, 2015 – DivX has announced that GoLive Movie has selected its DivX OmniView to power the secure delivery on-demand movie content to smart TVs. The service will be available initially in China on televisions from TCL.
News categories: DivX, TCL, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Apps, CES2021, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
NAGRA adds multiscreen DRM to DISH/Echostar security
Apr 16, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its security partnership with DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). DISH and EchoStar have deployed NAGRA’s DRM to secure DISH's Anywhere™ multiscreen VOD service.
News categories: NAGRA, DISH Network, EchoStar, Vivek Khemka, Mark Jackson, Pierre Roy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
Nagra DRM receives DECE approval
Apr 14, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its DRM technology, NAGRA MediaAccess Persistent Rights Management (PRM), has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for its UltraViolet streaming service.
News categories: NAGRA, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Mitch Singer, Maurice van Riek, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
castLabs announces first UltraViolet 1.1 player
Apr 1, 2014 – castLabs has announced the availability of the first UVPlayer supporting the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem's (DECE) latest UltraViolet 1.1 specification.
News categories: castLabs, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
BluFocus to administer UltraViolet compliance verification program
Jan 16, 2014 – BluFocus has announced that it has entered into an agreement with Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) LLC, to act as the administrator for the UltraViolet Compliance Verification Program (CVP).
News categories: BluFocus, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Paulette Pantoja, Mark Teitell, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
DivX DRM receives conditional approval for UltraViolet™ digital downloads
Jan 7, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that DivX digital rights management (DRM), previously approved for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem, has now received conditional approval for digital downloads, as well as ‘side-loading’.
News categories: Rovi Corp, UltraViolet, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Mark Teitell, CES2021, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
Dec 11, 2013 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and Anchor Bay Entertainment now encode movies and TV programs in the UltraViolet™ Common File Format (CFF) using Dolby® Digital Plus™.
News categories: Dolby, Ron Geller, Danny Kaye, Bill Clark, Mark Teitell, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
CinemaNow first to launch Disc-to-digital service in Canada
Sep 3, 2013 – CinemaNow has officially launched their Disc-to-digital service. With the service, Canadians can take their physical DVDs, convert them to a digital format in the convenience of their home, and watch them on CinemaNow.
News categories: CinemaNow, Canada, DVD, OTT
DivX Plus Streaming DRM Approved for UltraViolet Services
Jan 7, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that the DivX® digital rights management (DRM) used with the company's adaptive streaming format, has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, CES2021, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5