Digital TV News: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem
GoLive selects DivX OmniView to power Smart TV OTT service
Jan 5, 2015 – DivX has announced that GoLive Movie has selected its DivX OmniView to power the secure delivery on-demand movie content to smart TVs. The service will be available initially in China on televisions from TCL.
News categories: DivX, TCL, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Apps, CES2020, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
NAGRA adds multiscreen DRM to DISH/Echostar security
Apr 16, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its security partnership with DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). DISH and EchoStar have deployed NAGRA’s DRM to secure DISH's Anywhere™ multiscreen VOD service.
News categories: NAGRA, DISH Network, EchoStar, Vivek Khemka, Mark Jackson, Pierre Roy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
Nagra DRM receives DECE approval
Apr 14, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its DRM technology, NAGRA MediaAccess Persistent Rights Management (PRM), has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for its UltraViolet streaming service.
News categories: NAGRA, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Mitch Singer, Maurice van Riek, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
castLabs announces first UltraViolet 1.1 player
Apr 1, 2014 – castLabs has announced the availability of the first UVPlayer supporting the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem's (DECE) latest UltraViolet 1.1 specification.
News categories: castLabs, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
BluFocus to administer UltraViolet compliance verification program
Jan 16, 2014 – BluFocus has announced that it has entered into an agreement with Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) LLC, to act as the administrator for the UltraViolet Compliance Verification Program (CVP).
News categories: BluFocus, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Paulette Pantoja, Mark Teitell, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
DivX DRM receives conditional approval for UltraViolet™ digital downloads
Jan 7, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that DivX digital rights management (DRM), previously approved for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem, has now received conditional approval for digital downloads, as well as ‘side-loading’.
News categories: Rovi Corp, UltraViolet, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Mark Teitell, CES2020, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
Dec 11, 2013 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and Anchor Bay Entertainment now encode movies and TV programs in the UltraViolet™ Common File Format (CFF) using Dolby® Digital Plus™.
News categories: Dolby, Ron Geller, Danny Kaye, Bill Clark, Mark Teitell, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
CinemaNow first to launch Disc-to-digital service in Canada
Sep 3, 2013 – CinemaNow has officially launched their Disc-to-digital service. With the service, Canadians can take their physical DVDs, convert them to a digital format in the convenience of their home, and watch them on CinemaNow.
News categories: CinemaNow, Canada, DVD, OTT
DivX Plus Streaming DRM Approved for UltraViolet Services
Jan 7, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that the DivX® digital rights management (DRM) used with the company's adaptive streaming format, has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, CES2020, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic