Digital TV News: Digital TV Labs
Eurofins to provide pay TV security certification for MOST in-car infotainment systems
Nov 2, 2015 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it is the official lab for certifying Pay TV enabled automotive infotainment systems, which use the MOST network to transport CI+ protected content, using Digital Transmission Content Protection (DTCP).
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Andy Hickman, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, QoE, Worldwide
HbbTV places contracts for HbbTV 2.0 test suite
Jul 31, 2015 – The HbbTV Association has announced its selection of suppliers for the HbbTV 2.0 specification test suite. HbbTV has placed contracts with Digital TV Labs and RTRK for 500 test cases to be included in the test suite.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Digital TV Labs, RTRK, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Digital TV Labs first approved lab for Malaysia DTT HbbTV receivers
Jul 22, 2015 – Digital TV Labs has received official accreditation from the Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM) to become the first lab facility for the Malaysian Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) Broadcast Service Receiver Specification, including the interactive HbbTV profile.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, SIRIM, Andy Hickman, Digital TV, HbbTV, Malaysia, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Digital TV Labs opens 'HbbTV App Lab'
Apr 23, 2015 – Digital TV Labs has launched the world’s first independent 'HbbTV App Lab' to assist HbbTV application developers in testing their applications on a wide range of real HbbTV devices to ensure interoperability in the real world.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Andy Hickman, Digital TV, HbbTV, QoE, Worldwide
Digital TV Labs announces world’s first HbbTV 2.0 test suite
Dec 1, 2014 – Digital TV Labs has announced an HbbTV 2.0 Test Suite developed to support Digital UK’s Freeview connected service. Digital TV Labs' Ligada iSuite covers components of HbbTV 2.0, DVB DASH, Microsoft PlayReady DRM and HTML5 as well as those specific to the Freeview service.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Digital UK, Keith Potter, Ilse Howling, Digital TV, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, Worldwide
Digital UK awards contracts to build Freeview connected TV service
Nov 26, 2014 – Digital UK has announced the signing of contracts to build and test its Freeview-branded connected TV service. Digital UK is also now making the technical specification for the service available to manufacturers and content providers.
News categories: Digital UK, Arqiva, Digital TV Labs, Ilse Howling, Charles Constable, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Digital TV Labs announces HEVC test solutions
Sep 3, 2014 – Digital TV Labs has announced the launch of a range of products designed to aid in the development and deployment of next generation 4K / UHDTV services utilising the latest HEVC compression standard.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Keith Potter, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Abertis deploys Digital TV Labs test suite for HbbTV testing
Jan 16, 2014 – Digital TV Labs has announced that Spanish DTT network operator, Abertis Telecom, has been using its Ligada iSuite test harness and test suite to ensure uniform HbbTV receiver conformance for the new Spanish TDT Hibrida platform.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Abertis Telecom, Keith Potter, Alex Mestre, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Spain, Terrestrial
Digital TV Labs launches Ligada iSuite for HbbTV/CI+
Sep 12, 2013 – Digital TV Labs is launching Ligada iSuite for HbbTV/CI+ at IBC 2013. Leveraging Digital TV Labs' extensive HbbTV and CI+ expertise, this is a purpose-built test tool to ensure interoperability between HbbTV devices supporting CI+ modules.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Keith Potter, CAM, HbbTV, IBCShowcase, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service