Digital TV News: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem
Verimatrix Selects Arxan Content Protection to Secure Streaming Content across Desktop and Mobile Platforms
Sep 10, 2012 – Arxan® Technologies has announced that Verimatrix has selected Arxan's GuardIT and EnsureIT code hardening products for desktop and mobile/embedded environments to deliver tamper-resistance and self-protection for its ViewRight® Web client.
News categories: Arxan, Verimatrix, Apps, Content Protection, IBC2019
Rovi Unveils Digital Copy Solution for Retailers
Aug 31, 2012 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced Rovi Digital Copy for Retailers, an offering that is expected to provide consumers in Europe and the U.S. more ways to turn their physical DVD and Blu-ray Disc® movie collections into virtual movie libraries.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, DVD, IFA2019, OTT
UltraViolet Attracts More Than 750,000 Households in First Three Months
Jan 11, 2012 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has provided an update on the roll-out of UltraViolet™. Following the launch of an initial 19 UltraViolet-enabled titles, more than 750,000 households have registered with UltraViolet.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Blu-ray, CES2020, Content Protection, DVD, OTT, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Samsung to Bring 'Disc to Digital' Feature to Smart Blu-ray™ Players in 2012
Jan 10, 2012 – Samsung has announced plans for a 'Disc to Digital' feature on Samsung Smart Blu-ray players. Disc to Digital allows consumers to add their existing Blu-ray and DVD libraries to their UltraViolet digital library -- making them viewable on a wide range of devices.
News categories: Samsung, Flixster, Rovi Corp, Apps, Blu-ray, CES2020, Content Protection, OTT
Verimatrix Addresses Rights Management and Revenue Security for Dramatically Expanding Multi-Network, Multi-Screen Services at IBC 2011
Aug 16, 2011 – Verimatrix will be demonstrating its technical and commercial momentum in multiplatform revenue security at IBC 2011, with an emphasis on its role as service providers are redefining their hybrid network architectures, which is occurring at an accelerated pace.
News categories: Verimatrix, Content Protection, IBC2019
UltraViolet™ Begins B2B Deployment in U.S. Market
Jul 13, 2011 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), the consortium dedicated to facilitating the development and operation of UltraViolet™, has announced the launch of its licensing program for content, technology and service providers.
News categories: UltraViolet, Content Protection, DRM, OTT, USA
OMVC Selects Neustar to Provide Secure and Reliable Infrastructure for Mobile Digital TV
Mar 9, 2011 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced it has selected Neustar to provide the Mobile DTV Trust Authority with the infrastructure necessary to deliver live, digital broadcast TV content to various mobile video-enabled devices.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Neustar, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Portable, Tablet, USA
Gemtek Licenses Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM Client with Microsoft® PlayReady® Support
Feb 16, 2011 – Discretix has announced that Gemtek Technology has licensed its Multi-Scheme DRM Client with Microsoft PlayReady® support for Android based pocket-size smart TV box.
News categories: Discretix, Gemtek, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, MWC19, OTT, Set Top Box
New IEEE P2200 Draft Standard Aims To Deliver High Quality Mobile Experience (HQME) To Consumers Worldwide
Feb 14, 2011 – The HQME Steering Committee, a newly formed group of mobile and content industry leaders, has announced a proposed industry standard aimed at addressing challenges of efficiently managing and delivering data from mobile networks to mobile devices.
News categories: HQME, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC19, OTT
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024