Digital TV News: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem
Content protection on HTC's Android Devices, powered by Discretix
Feb 13, 2011 – Discretix has announced that HTC (Taipei:2498) has extended its Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM license, to include support for Microsoft PlayReady® DRM technology on Android smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Discretix, HTC Corp, Content Protection, Mobile, MWC20, OTT
Cineplex Entertainment Launches Digital Download Service via Cineplex.com
Nov 18, 2010 – Cineplex Entertainment (TSX:CGX.UN) has announced that movies can be digitally downloaded into Canadian homes with Download To Own (DTO) and Video on Demand (VoD) services now available at the Cineplex online store.
News categories: Cineplex, Sonic Solutions, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Canada, Content Protection, DRM, OTT
Verimatrix Announces Support of Microsoft PlayReady DRM for VCAS 3.0 MultiRights Solution
Sep 13, 2010 – Verimatrix has announced that it has licensed Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) PlayReady Server technology in order to provide integrated MultiRights™ support for devices that support Microsoft PlayReady digital rights management (DRM).
News categories: Verimatrix, PlayReady, Content Protection, DRM, IBCShowcase, OTT
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem Unveils UltraViolet™ Brand
Jul 20, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has announced its consumer brand - UltraViolet™ - and logo. In addition, the consortium announced three additional new members bringing the total to nearly 60 member companies.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, UltraViolet, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Gaming, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Irdeto to Deliver Secure Content Worldwide Using Adobe Flash Access 2.0
Apr 14, 2010 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced an alliance with Adobe Systems (Nasdaq: ADBE) to support Adobe® Flash® Access 2.0 content protection technology for the secure delivery of premium content to audiences around the globe.
News categories: Irdeto, Adobe Systems, Content Protection, Media Player, NABShow, OTT
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) Announces Key Milestones
Jan 4, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has announced it has reached key milestones toward establishing the first open market for digital content distribution. In addition, DECE announced that 21 new companies have joined the group.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT
Industry Leaders to Create Global Standard Enabling 'Buy Once, Play Anywhere' Consumer Experience for Digital Media
Sep 12, 2008 – A consortium of more than 20 leading companies have announced the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), a digital media framework that will enable consumers to acquire and play content across a wide range of services and devices.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution