Digital TV News: Discretix
Discretix content protection shipped in more than 250 million devices
Mar 31, 2014 – Discretix has announced that the widespread deployment of HD content and OTT services has led to a rapid adoption of its hardware assisted DRM and link protection solutions.
News categories: Discretix, Coby Sella, Content Protection, DRM, Market Research, Worldwide
Opera Software partners with Discretix for OTT HD on connected TVs
Mar 17, 2014 – Discretix and Opera have announced a partnership to bring secure OTT HD content and services to connected TVs, utilizing HTML5 to reduce the effort needed to support services across multiple entertainment devices.
News categories: Discretix, Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Yossi Hermush, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek selects Discretix as content protection provider for Android smartphones
Jul 31, 2013 – MediaTek and Discretix have announced a partnership to offer fully-integrated DRM and Link Protection solutions on MediaTek's latest Smartphone Platforms. The partnership provides MediaTek's customers with content protection ready for premium video services.
News categories: Discretix, MediaTek, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Smartphone
Discretix and VisualOn Introduce SecurePlayer 2.0 at NAB Show
Apr 4, 2013 – Discretix and VisualOn have announced the release of SecurePlayer™ 2.0 at the NAB Show. SecurePlayer 2.0 is a media player for smartphones and tablets offering DRM security and high-quality video and audio playback for protected content.
News categories: Discretix, VisualOn, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Trustonic Trust and Security for Connected Devices launched
Dec 18, 2012 – Trustonic, a company formed by ARM, Gemalto and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), has launched as a new standard security provider to address the increasing need for trust built into smart connected devices.
News categories: Trustonic, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
Discretix Partners with Verimatrix on PlayReady® MultiScreen Content Protection
Sep 5, 2012 – Discretix has confirmed full interoperability between the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and its SecurePlayer™, enabling Verimatrix customers to distribute PlayReady protected streams to a wide range of platforms and devices.
News categories: Discretix, Verimatrix, Content Protection, DRM, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT
Cryptography Research and Discretix Sign Developer Agreement for DPA Countermeasures
Jul 10, 2012 – Cryptography Research and Discretix have announced that they have entered into an agreement enabling Discretix to develop products incorporating Differential Power Analysis (DPA) countermeasures for use by licensees of CRI's DPA patents.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Discretix, Content Protection, Mobile, Silicon IP
Discretix Content Protection Incorporated in Qualcomm's Snapdragon StudioAccess™ Technology
Jun 25, 2012 – Discretix has announced that its DRM and Link Protection have been incorporated into Qualcomm's (Nasdaq: QCOM) Snapdragon StudioAccess™ technology. The combination transforms any mobile device into a personal media center with the ability to securely share and view premium content.
News categories: Discretix, Qualcomm, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smartphone
HD Video Services on HTC One Devices Secured by Discretix
Apr 17, 2012 – Discretix has announced that its hardware-assisted content protection solutions are being used to secure HD video services on the recently launched HTC One Family of Android Smartphones.
News categories: Discretix, HTC, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Smartphone
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient