Digital TV News: Dish Mexico
Dish Mexico selects Skyworth Digital set-tops
Sep 9, 2016 – Skyworth (000810.SZ) has announced that its STBs will be used in a transformational project led by Dish Mexico. Under the agreement, Skyworth Digital will supply STBs, integrating its platform with top tier CAS and middleware vendors.
News categories: Skyworth, Dish Mexico, Darrell Haber, Carlos Miranda Matzumoto, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite, Set Top Box
Dish Mexico selects Inview for DTH ecosystem
Jun 14, 2016 – Dish Mexico has appointed Inview to deliver an end to end DTH ecosystem with advanced features and services. Inview will be providing broadcast software and services that will allow Dish Mexico to create an improved user experience based on creative technology.
News categories: Inview, Dish Mexico, Julie Austin, Carlos Miranda, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Dish Mexico selects Octoshape for multiscreen OTT streaming
Feb 10, 2015 – Dish Mexico has announced that they selected Octoshape for the expansion of Dish content within Mexico. Dish Mexico is the first broadcaster in Mexico to offer live and on-demand, multiscreen broadcast services over the Internet.
News categories: Octoshape, Dish Mexico, Michael Koehn, Carlos Miranda Matzumoto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Mobile, Satellite, TV Everywhere
EchoStar HD Satellite Set-Top Boxes Enabled by Entropic SoC and Demod
Sep 7, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced the deployment of its set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) and demodulator technology in three EchoStar models, which are currently being deployed at Bell Canada, Dish Mexico and Telus.
News categories: Entropic, EchoStar, Canada, Digital TV, IBC2019, Mexico, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
EchoStar to Acquire Mexican Satellite Operator SATMEX
Feb 26, 2010 – EchoStar Satellite Services (NASDAQ: SATS) and Satélites Mexicanos (Satmex) have announced an agreement pursuant to which EchoStar will acquire an ownership interest in Satmex. MVS Comunicaciones will also participate in the ownership of Satmex.
News categories: MVS Comunicaciones, Satmex, EchoStar, Mexico, MnA, Satellite
Kudelski completes transition of CA to a service model
Aug 28, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its half year 2009 results. During this period, the Group started to reap the fruits of the migration of a significant share of its digital TV conditional access deployed base to the service model.
News categories: Kudelski, Advertising, Brazil, Cable TV, CAM, Canada, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Germany, IBC2019, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA, Vietnam
SES Announces Multi-Year Agreement With Echostar To Expand Direct-To-Home Broadcasts In Mexico And The U.S.
Nov 26, 2008 – SES (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced an agreement to provide satellite capacity to EchoStar (Nasdaq: SATS). It is expected that capacity on QuetzSat-1, a new satellite, will be used by Dish México to provide DTH services in Mexico.
News categories: EchoStar, SES, QuetzSat, Dish México, Content Distribution, Mexico, Satellite
MVS Multivision and EchoStar Launch Satellite TV Service in Mexico
Nov 25, 2008 – MVS Comunicaciones and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) have announced the formation of a joint venture called Dish México that will launch 'Dish,' an affordable satellite TV service that will be available to consumers across Mexico.
News categories: EchoStar, MVS Comunicaciones, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024