Digital TV News: Disney
Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
Mar 25, 2020 – Strategy Analytics has published a forecast for SVOD services taking into account the expected impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. The forecast expects global subscriptions to increase by 5% in comparison to the pre-pandemic model.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Disney+ rolls out in Europe
Mar 24, 2020 – Disney+ has launched in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. The service will launch in France on April 7th. Audiences can stream Disney+ on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices.
News categories: Disney+, Kevin Mayer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, Tablet, UK
Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
Mar 19, 2020 – Samsung Electronics UK has confirmed that from March 24th Disney+ will be offered on its Smart TVs released from 2016 onwards, either available for download from the app store or directly preinstalled on select models.
News categories: Samsung, Disney+, Guy Kinnell, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Brazil's video market picks up the pace
Mar 18, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, Brazil’s video entertainment market has emerged from the shadow of recession. New SVoD services from global players and increased investment in pay TV and OTT services by local media companies are seen as the key drivers.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Brazil, Digital TV, Market Research
Service stacking shows consumers not yet suffering from service fatigue
Mar 18, 2020 – More than half of all SVOD users who subscribe to three or more services will purchase additional services this year, according to Futuresource Consulting. Service stacking is becoming commonplace across many countries worldwide.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, USA
Latin America SVOD subscriptions to double
Mar 16, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, Latin America will have 81 million SVOD subscriptions by 2025; almost double the 42 million recorded at end-2019. This growth comes despite the recession affecting most countries in the region.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, OTT
Local players fighting SVOD giants in India
Mar 12, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, by the end of the year, India will have the third most SVOD subscribers of any country worldwide, after China and the USA, and is predicted to reach 95 million in 2023.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
AMC Networks, Disney, and WarnerMedia join Xandr ad platform
Mar 11, 2020 – Xandr is working with leading media and entertainment companies including AMC Networks, Disney, and WarnerMedia to reinvent the way linear TV advertising is bought, sold, and optimized for a better consumer experience.
News categories: Xandr, AMC Networks, Disney, WarnerMedia, Brian Lesser, Kim Kelleher, Rita Ferro, Gerhard Zeiler, Fiona Carter, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Movistar to be launch partner for Disney+ in Spain
Mar 8, 2020 – The Walt Disney Company Iberia and Telefónica have announced that Movistar will be the strategic distributor for Disney+ launch in Spain. Adding Disney's new streaming service builds upon a long-standing relationship between the companies.
News categories: Telefónica, Disney, Emilio Gayo, Jan Koeppen, Digital TV, OTT, Spain
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software