Digital TV News: DivX
DivX announces world’s first DivX HEVC Ultra HD-certified TVs from Toshiba
Sep 5, 2014 – DivX has announced the renewal of its licensing agreement with Toshiba. Under the agreement, Toshiba has released the world’s first DivX HEVC Ultra HD televisions - the new Toshiba 58L8400 and Cinema Series 65L9400 models for North America.
News categories: DivX, Toshiba, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, Smart TV, USA
MStar offers world’s first DivX HEVC Ultra HD-certified digital TV chip
Sep 5, 2014 – DivX and MStar Semiconductor have announced that MStar HEVC TV SoC will be the first digital television chip to receive DivX HEVC Certification, enabling the playback of highly efficient DivX HEVC Ultra HD (4K) video.
News categories: DivX, MStar Semi, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Bill Hsiung, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
DivX adds real-time 1080p encoding to MainConcept HEVC SDK
Jul 1, 2014 – DivX has announced the release of the MainConcept HEVC SDK 3.0. The newest release of the industry leading HEVC encoding tool includes support for real-time encoding of 1080p video at 30 frames per second.
News categories: DivX, Thomas Kramer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Software, Worldwide
DivX DRM receives conditional approval for UltraViolet™ digital downloads
Jan 7, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that DivX digital rights management (DRM), previously approved for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem, has now received conditional approval for digital downloads, as well as ‘side-loading’.
News categories: Rovi Corp, UltraViolet, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Mark Teitell, CES2020, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
MStar licenses DivX HEVC for SoC integration
Jan 7, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that MStar has licensed DivX HEVC technology for integration into its SoCs for set-top boxes and DTVs.
News categories: Rovi Corp, MStar Semi, Bill Hsiung, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, CES2020, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Rovi and MStar unveil DTV ICs certified for DivX Plus Streaming
Dec 23, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that MStar plans to release DTV chipsets certified for DivX Plus Streaming™. With DivX Plus Streaming, DTV OEMs can support a variety of service providers and a range of deployment models.
News categories: Rovi Corp, MStar Semi, Bill Hsiung, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Panasonic licenses Rovi DivX HEVC for DTV and Blu-ray ICs
Nov 12, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Panasonic SoC to integrate Rovi's DivX® HEVC technology into its next-generation digital television and Blu-ray Disc ICs.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Panasonic, Koji Kitamura, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Transcoding technology from STMicroelectronics connects digital homes to everything, everywhere, all the time
Sep 12, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has introduced a transcoding engine that enables a home gateway to distribute any type of content to any type of connected device in the home. The engine is set to become an integral part of all ST's Home Gateway solutions.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Andrew Cofler, Gateway, Home Server, IBC2019, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart Home
ANTIK reveals Juice Nano HD IP set-top box at IBC
Sep 12, 2013 – At IBC, ANTIK Technology will reveals its Juice Nano IPTV set-top box - a miniature design which fits in the hand. Based on the STiH207 Liege chipset from STMicroelectronics, Juice Nano supports dual H.264 HD [email protected] decoding.
News categories: ANTIK, STMicroelectronics, Igor Kolla, IBC2019, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019