Digital TV News: Dolby Laboratories
Synamedia joins Phoenix Model Market NEXTGEN TV initiative
Jan 6, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that it has entered a partnership with Pearl TV to join the Phoenix Model Market Initiative. Synamedia will provide encoding expertise and services and build future ATSC 3.0 applications based on market needs.
News categories: Synamedia, Pearl TV, Dave Longaker, Anne Schelle, ATSC, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Encoding.com to show broadcast and OTT Cloud media processing at NAB 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – Encoding.com will announce at this year's NAB Show support for Apple ProRes encoding, Dolby Vision HDR transcoding, Nielsen CPVOD watermarking and ultra-fast processing for large video files via its proprietary chunk parallel processing technology.
News categories: Encoding.com, Jeff Malkin, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Amazon introduces Fire TV Stick 4K and new Alexa Voice Remote
Oct 3, 2018 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced the Fire TV Stick 4K, the most powerful streaming media stick available, plus a new Alexa Voice Remote. The Alexa Voice Remote is also available with the recently launched Fire TV Cube.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, John Couling, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, India, Japan, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, USA
Phoenix ATSC 3.0 'Model Market' on-air with UniMás programming
Apr 9, 2018 – The first next-generation TV signal in the Phoenix Model Market is 'on the air,' with KFPH-CD Channel 35, owned by Univision Communications now transmitting UniMás network programming using the new ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: Pearl TV, Univision, Anne Schelle, John Eck, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Dolby shows industry adoption of audio technologies at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES, Dolby (NYSE:DLB) is showcasing a broad portfolio of audiovisual experiences across a range of price points and devices, driving Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos adoption in more markets with leading global partners.
News categories: Dolby, Kevin Yeaman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
CTA predicts record U.S. sales in 2018 for AR/VR
Jan 4, 2018 – Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technologies are positioned for record growth in 2018, according to the CTA. And the latest exhibitor update on CES 2018 shows a record-setting footprint for both AR and VR.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Karen Chupka, Mark Turner, CES2020, USA, VR
Dolby Vision comes to Vestel OLED and Ultra HD TVs
Nov 9, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) and Vestel have announced that Dolby Vision will be featured across the entire range of Vestel’s Ultra HD (UHD) TV’s, including Vestel’s new range of OLED TVs.
News categories: Dolby Laboratories, Vestel, Giles Baker, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Huawei and Dolby announce world’s first Dolby Vision STB for IPTV
Oct 24, 2017 – Huawei and Dolby (NYSE: DLB) have announced that the Huawei Q22 is the first IPTV set-top box in the world to support Dolby Vision HDR technology. Dolby Vision delivers greater brightness and contrast, as well as a fuller palette of rich colors.
News categories: Huawei, Dolby, Guipei Chen, Giles Baker, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar IC supports Dolby Multistream Decoder MS12 V2
Aug 30, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) and MStar have announced a solution to deliver immersive Dolby Atmos experiences to TV sets. MStar has made available the latest iteration of Dolby Multistream Decoder MS12 on the first IC to support both MS12 v2.2 GA and Dolby Vision.
News categories: Dolby, MStar Semi, Giles Baker, Sean Lin, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation