Digital TV News: Dolby
Movies Anywhere now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Jun 23, 2020 – VIZIO has added the MOVIES ANYWHERE app to its SmartCast TV platform. MOVIES ANYWHERE offers a way for users to access movies purchased across platforms and digital retailer accounts, all in one place.
News categories: VIZIO, Movies Anywhere, Mike O'Donnel, Karin Gilford, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Proximus to offer Apple TV 4K to new and existing customers
Jun 22, 2020 – Proximus customers can now benefit from a zero sign-on experience with Apple TV 4K. The Apple TV 4K is available for €69 in combination with an 'Epic combo full' pack, or as a standalone device for €199.99.
News categories: Proximus, Apple, Jim Casteele, Belgium, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Encoding.com offers Beamr Content-Adaptive Bitrate service in the Cloud
Jun 8, 2020 – Encoding.com is to offer Beamr's Content-Adaptive Bitrate encoding technology to its customers. The service will be added to Encoding.com's suite of microservices for powering file-based VOD workflows in the cloud.
News categories: Encoding.com, Beamr, Greggory Heil, Eli Lubitch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
Jun 2, 2020 – Skyworth Digital and Unifi, the consumer brand for Telekom Malaysia, have celebrated the launch of the Unifi Plus Box – Unifi’s first 4K Android-based set-top box, providing access to all of Unifi’s digital entertainment services.
News categories: Skyworth, Telekom Malaysia, Moharmustaqeem Mohammed, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Telos Audio Processor integrates Verance watermarking for ATSC 3.0
May 12, 2020 – Telos Alliance has announced the availability of Verance Aspect watermarking in its LA-5300 Broadcast Audio Processor. The LA-5300 processor was developed by Telos Alliance specifically for ATSC 3.0 services.
News categories: Verance, Telos Alliance, Nil Shah, John Schur, ATSC, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
TiVo Stream 4K launches in U.S. retail
May 6, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the retail availability of TiVo Stream 4K, providing customers with a unifying streamer. Consumers can access live television from SLING TV alongside their favorite streaming video services.
News categories: TiVo, Sling TV, Dave Shull, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Bitmovin adds Dolby Vision HDR to it transcoding solution
Apr 23, 2020 – Bitmovin has announced support for Dolby Vision, Dolby’s HDR 4K video format. Bitmovin will integrate Dolby’s technology into its transcoding solution to enhance the 4K viewing experience via streaming.
News categories: Bitmovin, Dolby, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
Mar 27, 2020 – LG Electronics USA and Movies Anywhere have announced the arrival of the Movies Anywhere app on LG Smart TVs. Movies Anywhere lets users enjoy their purchased or redeemed digital movies combined in one simplified, personal collection.
News categories: LG Electronics, Movies Anywhere, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
BT Sport and Samsung screen UK's first live 8K sports broadcast
Feb 27, 2020 – BT Sport and Samsung have delivered the UK’s first public live 8K sports broadcast, with a screening of a UEFA Europa League match. The broadcast used a bespoke BT Sport 8K outside broadcast set up, delivering to Samsung QLED 8K TVs.
News categories: Samsung, BT Sport, Dan Hastings, Jamie Hindhaugh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert