Digital TV News: EIDR
Bitmax adds EIDR identifier support to its CMS
Feb 26, 2019 – Bitmax has announced a solution to augment and add EIDR identifiers to content assets distributed globally. EIDR adds a unique identifier to a metadata record that is associated with top-level titles, edits, DVDs, encodings, clips, and mash-ups.
News categories: Bitmax, EIDR, Jim Riley, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
NENT Group implements EIDR Universal Identifiers
Nov 14, 2018 – The Entertainment Identifier Registry Association (EIDR) has announced that Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) has overhauled its publishing workflow, utilizing EIDR’s universal content identifiers across all linear and non-linear TV programming.
News categories: EIDR, NENT Group, Will Kreth, Kaj af Kleen, Big Data, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Satellite, Sweden
SMPTE publishes standards for adding audio watermark-based IDs to media assets
Jul 9, 2018 – SMPTE has announced published standards for binding Ad-IDs to commercials and Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) codes to programming content. The standards specify use of Kantar Media's audio watermarking technology, an open solution available for licensing.
News categories: SMPTE, Kantar Media, Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Watermarking, Worldwide
Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) Gains Strong Support from Entertainment Companies
Sep 7, 2011 – The Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) has announced that leading entertainment companies have begun integrating the use of EIDR IDs into their digital distribution workflows. These developments signal strong growth in adoption of EIDR IDs.
News categories: Entertainment ID Registry, Cable TV, Content Protection, USA
Leading Entertainment Companies Create Registry for Movie and Television Content
Oct 27, 2010 – A new international coalition has announced the launch of the Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR), a non-profit global independent registry that provides a uniform approach to cataloging audio/video assets with unique identifiers (IDs).
News categories: EIDR, CNRI, International DOI Foundation, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event