Digital TV News: EIDR
Bitmax adds EIDR identifier support to its CMS
Feb 26, 2019 – Bitmax has announced a solution to augment and add EIDR identifiers to content assets distributed globally. EIDR adds a unique identifier to a metadata record that is associated with top-level titles, edits, DVDs, encodings, clips, and mash-ups.
News categories: Bitmax, EIDR, Jim Riley, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
NENT Group implements EIDR Universal Identifiers
Nov 14, 2018 – The Entertainment Identifier Registry Association (EIDR) has announced that Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) has overhauled its publishing workflow, utilizing EIDR’s universal content identifiers across all linear and non-linear TV programming.
News categories: EIDR, NENT Group, Will Kreth, Kaj af Kleen, Big Data, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Satellite, Sweden
SMPTE publishes standards for adding audio watermark-based IDs to media assets
Jul 9, 2018 – SMPTE has announced published standards for binding Ad-IDs to commercials and Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) codes to programming content. The standards specify use of Kantar Media's audio watermarking technology, an open solution available for licensing.
News categories: SMPTE, Kantar Media, Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Watermarking, Worldwide
Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) Gains Strong Support from Entertainment Companies
Sep 7, 2011 – The Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) has announced that leading entertainment companies have begun integrating the use of EIDR IDs into their digital distribution workflows. These developments signal strong growth in adoption of EIDR IDs.
News categories: Entertainment ID Registry, Cable TV, Content Protection, USA
Leading Entertainment Companies Create Registry for Movie and Television Content
Oct 27, 2010 – A new international coalition has announced the launch of the Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR), a non-profit global independent registry that provides a uniform approach to cataloging audio/video assets with unique identifiers (IDs).
News categories: EIDR, CNRI, International DOI Foundation, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy