Digital TV News: EPIX
Updated Apple TV app available in over 100 countries
May 13, 2019 – Apple has released an updated Apple TV app. The app is available in over 100 countries across iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and select Samsung smart TVs. Customers can now subscribe to Apple TV channels and watch on demand directly within the app.
News categories: Apple, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA, Worldwide
Apple debuts new Apple TV app and Apple TV channels
Mar 25, 2019 – Apple has announced Apple TV+, Apple’s original video subscription service. Additionally, Apple debuted the all-new Apple TV app and Apple TV channels coming in May 2019. The all-new Apple TV app brings together the different ways to discover and watch shows, movies, sports, news and more in one app.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA, Worldwide
Roku devices can now interact with Amazon Alexa
Mar 5, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Roku devices are now compatible with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices through the new Roku skill for Alexa. Roku streaming player and Roku TV owners in the US can now control their Roku devices using Alexa.
News categories: Roku, Alexa, Ilya Asnis, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
EPIX launches EPIX NOW streaming service
Feb 11, 2019 – EPIX, the premium TV network owned by Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM), has announced the launch of EPIX NOW, a streaming service available through partner app stores, featuring its full library of critically acclaimed original programming and blockbuster movies.
News categories: EPIX, Michael Wright, Monty Sarhan, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Roku rolls-out Premium Subscriptions
Jan 28, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that has begun rolling out Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel. All supported devices are expected to receive the update in the coming weeks, beginning with Roku players and concluding with Roku TV models.
News categories: Roku, Rob Holmes, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Roku and TCL plan 8K TCL Roku TVs and built-in voice controls
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that they are working together to make 8K TCL Roku TVs available to consumers in 2019. Additionally, Roku is expanding its 4K and HDR hardware reference design to include far-field microphones for voice search and control.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chas Smith, Chris Larson, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
EPIX delivers 4K content to Apple TV using BuyDRM’s KeyOS
Sep 4, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that EPIX has partnered with the KeyOS multi-DRM platform to protect their premium video content. EPIX became the first U.S. premium TV network to stream 4K content.
News categories: BuyDRM, EPIX, Christopher Levy, Sacha Stanton, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
LG webOS platform adds Sling TV and more Channel Plus content
Aug 7, 2017 – The webOS smart TV platform from LG Electronics has announced additions to its content offering. Leading the expansion are the addition of Sling TV to 2017 LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD smart TV models and the continued growth of the Channel Plus app which has now surpassed 100 channels of content.
News categories: LG Electronics, XUMO, Sling TV, Matt Durgin, Stefan Van Engen, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
EPIX app launches on TiVo set-tops at Atlantic Broadband
Jan 24, 2017 – EPIX has announced that it will offer EPIX content through an app that enables authenticated subscribers to access EPIX’s library of more than 2,000 Hollywood movies on TiVo devices. The app will first launch with Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: EPIX, TiVo, Atlantic Broadband, NCTC, Mark Greenberg, Jim Denney, David Isenberg, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event