Digital TV News: Eagle Communications
Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
Apr 16, 2019 – Espial (TSE: ESP) has announced that they have certified several Amazon Alexa voice controls on Elevate-based IPTV, app-TV and cable services. Amazon did a bulk certification, enabling operators to move rapidly through the process.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Travis Kohlrus, Noah Popejoy, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Smart Home, Worldwide
Espial and Harmonic partner to provide complete end-to-end TVaaS
Jul 31, 2018 – Espial has announced a partnership with Harmonic. As part of the deal, Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform will integrate Harmonic’s VOS 360 media processing SaaS, providing MVPDs with an end-to-end solution for IP and OTT services.
News categories: Espial, Harmonic, Jaison Dolvane, Eric Armstrong, Rich Fickle, Gary Shorman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Eagle Communications licenses Espial Elevate SaaS video platform
May 7, 2018 – Espial has announced that Eagle Communications has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform. With Elevate, video customers get a branded intuitive experience, advanced voice control, and access to OTT services.
News categories: Espial, Eagle Communications, Matt James, Travis Kohlrus, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs