Digital TV News: EchoStar Technologies
U.S. STB energy efficiency agreement saves $3.5 billion
Aug 9, 2018 – Consumers have saved $3.5 billion, and more than 20 million metric tons of CO2 emissions have been avoided as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among pay-TV providers, manufacturers and energy efficiency advocates, according to D+R International.
News categories: CTA, ACEEE, NRDC, NCTA, D+R International, Doug Johnson, Jennifer Amann, Noah Horowitz, Neal Goldberg, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Savings from U.S. STB energy agreement top $2 billion
Aug 2, 2017 – Consumers saved approximately $941 million in energy costs in 2016 – and almost $2.1 billion over the last four years – as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among U.S. pay-TV providers, manufacturers and energy efficiency advocates.
News categories: ACEEE, D+R International, Jennifer Thorne Amann, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
DISH acquires DBS and OTT assets from EchoStar
Jan 31, 2017 – DISH Network and EchoStar have announced that they have executed an agreement that will transfer certain EchoStar assets and operations to DISH in exchange for DISH's 80 percent economic interest in Hughes Retail Group.
News categories: DISH Network, EchoStar, Hughes, Erik Carlson, MnA, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Canada pay TV industry announces STB efficiency agreement
Jan 17, 2017 – Canadian Pay TV service providers along with set-top box manufacturers have finalized a voluntary agreement committing themselves to improving the energy efficiency of set-top boxes.
News categories: CEEVA, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Energy efficient STBs saved US consumers $646m in 2015
Aug 9, 2016 – Consumers saved approximately $646 million in energy costs in 2015 as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among U.S. pay-TV providers, consumer technology manufacturers and energy efficiency advocates.
News categories: Natural Resources Defense Council, Noah Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
SAGE brings Nest intelligence, security and control to the TV
May 5, 2016 – EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that its SAGE by Hughes security and smart home system now works with the Nest Cam security camera, the Nest Learning Thermostat and the Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarm.
News categories: EchoStar, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
EchoStar launches SAGE by Hughes security and smart home system
Mar 7, 2016 – EchoStar Technologies (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the launch of its new SAGE by Hughes security and smart home system. SAGE is a security and smart home solution that can be controlled from the TV and an app on iOS or Android mobile devices.
News categories: EchoStar Technologies, Mark Jackson, Apps, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smartphone, USA
EchoStar And NAGRA ship anyCAST COMMAND security for 4K Ultra HD STBs
Sep 22, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has shipped NAGRA anyCAST COMMAND to EchoStar for production of 4K-capable set-top boxes for the companies’ joint clients. anyCAST COMMAND concentrates both decryption and descrambling into a single, secure NAGRA device.
News categories: NAGRA, EchoStar, Maurice van Riek, Mark Jackson, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
EchoStar and NAGRA make SmarDTV into a joint venture
Mar 31, 2015 – Kudelski (SIX: KUD.S) and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) have announced that EchoStar will become a shareholder in SmarDTV. EchoStar's operations in Steeton, U.K. and Madrid, Spain will be transferred to SmarDTV.
News categories: Kudelski, EchoStar, SmarDTV, André Kudelski, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, MnA, Set Top Box, Spain, UK, Worldwide
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020