Digital TV News: Edge Networks
Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
Apr 2, 2020 – Edge Networks has launched of its over-the-air television service, Evoca. Using ATSC 3.0 technology, the service offers 80+ TV channels. Rolling out first in Boise, Idaho, Evoca will offer HD and 4K services for less than $50 per month.
News categories: Edge Networks, Evoca, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Edge Networks selects ENENSYS TestTree for ATSC 3.0 testing
Dec 12, 2019 – ENENSYS has announced that Edge Networks has selected TestTree’s ReFeree 3 to test their NEXTGEN TV/ATSC 3.0 distribution. Edge Networks received approval from the FCC on July 18, 2019 to launch two ATSC 3.0 stations in the Boise, Idaho market.
News categories: TestTree, Edge Networks, Jean-Pierre Thomas, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, USA
ALTBalaji, Microsoft and Eko India pilot cloud network that saves cellular data
Sep 24, 2019 – ALTBalaji has announced an alliance with Microsoft and Eko India Financial Services that will allow its subscribers to use Microsoft’s BlendNet technology to download and access ALTBalaji content without consuming large amounts of cellular data.
News categories: Microsoft, ALTBalaji, Eko India, Dr. Sriram Rajamani, Meetul Patel, Nachiket Pantvaidya, Abhinav Sinha, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT
Orb Networks Launches Orb Live for iPad and Android Phones
Jun 9, 2010 – Orb Networks has announced the availability of its Orb Live software for the iPad and Android phones. Orb Live lets users placeshift their personal media such as music, photos and videos, live TV, and internet TV from their PC to their portable device.
News categories: Orb Networks, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting
First IPTV Service in Latin America Goes Wireless in the Home
Oct 8, 2007 – Ruckus Wireless has announced that it has been selected by Telefonica del Sur (TelSur), a leading provider of Internet-based multimedia and communication services in Chile, to supply its MediaFlex™ to support Latin America's first commercial IPTV service.
News categories: Ruckus Wireless, Telefonica del Sur, BBWF, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020