Digital TV News: Edge Networks
Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
Apr 2, 2020 – Edge Networks has launched of its over-the-air television service, Evoca. Using ATSC 3.0 technology, the service offers 80+ TV channels. Rolling out first in Boise, Idaho, Evoca will offer HD and 4K services for less than $50 per month.
News categories: Edge Networks, Evoca, Todd Achilles, ATSC, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Edge Networks selects ENENSYS TestTree for ATSC 3.0 testing
Dec 12, 2019 – ENENSYS has announced that Edge Networks has selected TestTree’s ReFeree 3 to test their NEXTGEN TV/ATSC 3.0 distribution. Edge Networks received approval from the FCC on July 18, 2019 to launch two ATSC 3.0 stations in the Boise, Idaho market.
News categories: TestTree, Edge Networks, Jean-Pierre Thomas, Todd Achilles, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, USA
ALTBalaji, Microsoft and Eko India pilot cloud network that saves cellular data
Sep 24, 2019 – ALTBalaji has announced an alliance with Microsoft and Eko India Financial Services that will allow its subscribers to use Microsoft’s BlendNet technology to download and access ALTBalaji content without consuming large amounts of cellular data.
News categories: Microsoft, ALTBalaji, Eko India, Dr. Sriram Rajamani, Meetul Patel, Nachiket Pantvaidya, Abhinav Sinha, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT
Orb Networks Launches Orb Live for iPad and Android Phones
Jun 9, 2010 – Orb Networks has announced the availability of its Orb Live software for the iPad and Android phones. Orb Live lets users placeshift their personal media such as music, photos and videos, live TV, and internet TV from their PC to their portable device.
News categories: Orb Networks, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting
First IPTV Service in Latin America Goes Wireless in the Home
Oct 8, 2007 – Ruckus Wireless has announced that it has been selected by Telefonica del Sur (TelSur), a leading provider of Internet-based multimedia and communication services in Chile, to supply its MediaFlex™ to support Latin America's first commercial IPTV service.
News categories: Ruckus Wireless, Telefonica del Sur, BBWF, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
- Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
- COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia