Digital TV News: Encoding.com
Encoding.com to show broadcast and OTT Cloud media processing at NAB 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – Encoding.com will announce at this year's NAB Show support for Apple ProRes encoding, Dolby Vision HDR transcoding, Nielsen CPVOD watermarking and ultra-fast processing for large video files via its proprietary chunk parallel processing technology.
News categories: Encoding.com, Jeff Malkin, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Encoding.com selected by Akamai as preferred partner for VOD transcoding
Feb 14, 2019 – Encoding.com has been selected by Akamai as the preferred partner for its Media Services On Demand (MSOD) customers. With Akamai retiring MSOD transcoding, the company is recommending that customers transition to the Encoding.com platform.
News categories: Encoding.com, Akamai, Jeff Malkin, Shawn Michels, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Encoding.com launches first video QC service in the cloud
Oct 18, 2017 – Encoding.com has introduced the first Video QC as a Service in the cloud. The new service will enable content providers to offload their video quality control infrastructure, and instead utilize the cloud based API service from Encoding.com.
News categories: Encoding.com, Greggory Heil, Digital TV, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca partners with Encoding.com for OTT media processing in the Cloud
Mar 23, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca and Encoding.com have partnered to streamline the preparation of VOD content for OTT multiscreen applications. Viaccess-Orca's cloud-based TV Everywhere as a Service (TVaaS) is now integrated with Encoding.com's cloud media processing platform.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Encoding.com, Paul Molinier, Jeff Malkin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Encoding.com publishes 2016 Global Media Format Report
Jan 27, 2016 – Encoding.com has released their second annual report analyzing trends in video formats for web, mobile, broadcast and OTT distribution.
News categories: Encoding.com, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, HTML5, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Harmonic and Elemental tie for lead in multiscreen encoder market
Apr 23, 2014 – A recent Competitive Assessment by ABI Research, looking at the multiscreen encoder market, found a virtual tie between well-established Harmonic and rapidly growing start-up Elemental.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
- Eutelsat confirms the successful launch of EUTELSAT 7C
- Comscore and DISH Media surpass 100 DISH and Sling TV addressable ad campaigns
- TDC selects Mediamorph for its Blockbuster VOD services in the Nordics
- Three-quarters of pay TV operators to gain subs
- Block Communications renews with Nielsen for Local TV data
- Kaltura powers Dish TV India's Watcho OTT platform
- Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
- AdScribe supports Publitalia '80 HbbTV advertising in Italy
- SaT5G project demonstrates 5G over satellite use cases
- Sersat enables content delivery across Latin America via SES-14
- Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
- Conversant uses Verimatrix Secure Cloud for multi-DRM security
- NCC Media and OpenAP announce advanced TV partnership
- ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
- WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
- INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
- Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
- SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
- Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
- Global advertising market to grow by +5% this year