Digital TV News: Encompass Digital Media
Encompass to provide CloudVOD to Scripps Networks International
Jul 19, 2017 – Encompass Digital Media has announced that Scripps Networks International has selected Encompass CloudVOD, a cloud-based video-on-demand service, as its exclusive solution for delivering VOD content to the EMEA region.
News categories: Encompass Digital Media, Scripps Networks, Microsoft Azure, Marc Bruce, Mark Hale, Nagu Rangan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East
Encompass to provide VOD services for Sony Pictures Television
Apr 20, 2017 – Encompass Digital Media has announced that Sony Pictures Television Networks has selected its CloudVOD platform and geographically diverse Digital Network Operations Centers (DNOC) to distribute VOD assets for Sony's U.S. channels.
News categories: Encompass, Sony Pictures Television, Chris Walters, Bob Billeci, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Cisco collaborates with Sky to launch OnPrime TV
Mar 14, 2017 – Consumers in the UK, Italy and Germany can now access foreign language film, TV and news channels in one place via OnPrime TV, an app-based streaming service developed by Cisco in collaboration with Sky, and supported by Encompass Digital Media.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Encompass Digital Media, Rajeev Raman, Emma Lloyd, Apps, Content Distribution, Germany, Italy, Mobile, OTT, UK
Encompass and Fastly partner to deliver an end-to-end OTT platform
Jan 17, 2017 – Encompass Digital Media has announced a partnership with Fastly. Under the agreement, Encompass will incorporate Fastly’s media and streaming video delivery capabilities into its end-to-end OTT solution.
News categories: Encompass Digital Media, Fastly, Chris Walters, Sean Leach, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing