Digital TV News: Entone
Entone and Zappware deliver integrated hybrid TV experience
Jun 8, 2015 – Entone and Zappware have announced the availability of the Zappware Platform on Entone’s family of Hybrid TV devices. The integrated solution offers service providers a Hybrid TV experience that blends broadcast TV and cloud services.
News categories: Entone, Zappware, Mark Evensen, Koen Swings, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
West Alabama TV selects Inca Networks MPEG-4 IPTV transcoder
Nov 17, 2014 – Inca Networks has announced that West Alabama TV Cable (WATVC) has selected the Inca 4400 Modular Series high-density video transcoder to power MPEG-4 HD and SD services for its advanced hybrid IP/QAM cable TV service.
News categories: Inca Networks, West Alabama TV Cable, Jeff Campbell, Kyle South, Cable TV, Content Distribution, USA
Entone, Etex and i-Velozity offer turnkey Hybrid CATV solution
Oct 14, 2014 – Entone has announced that it has partnered with Etex and i-Velozity to offer a Hybrid CATV solution. The solution includes Entone’s hybrid QAM/IP devices, Etex’s hosted middleware and CAS/DRM service, and a VOD library from i-Velozity.
News categories: Entone, Etex, Bill Hughes, Larry Montgomery, Jeff Young, i-Velozity, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Home Telecom to launch Hybrid TV with Entone
Sep 30, 2014 – Entone has announced that South Carolina's Home Telecom has selected its Engage Service Assurance solution for their soon-to-be-launched Hybrid TV service.
News categories: Entone, Home Telecom, Mark Evensen, William S. Helmly, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Entone and ZTE collaborate to boost hybrid TV
Sep 24, 2014 – Entone and ZTE have announced the integration of Entone’s hybrid devices with ZTE’s IPTV platform to enable service operators to quickly launch IPTV and OTT services.
News categories: Entone, ZTE, Steve McKay, ZH Yao, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Three River selects Entone Hybrid CATV solution
Jul 29, 2014 – Entone has announced that Three River Telco has selected its Hybrid CATV solution to power their Pay TV service. Three River offers voice, video, and broadband services in Northern Nebraska over their HFC network.
News categories: Entone, Three River, Neil Classen, Bill Hughes, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Entone provides Live TIM Blue Box for Telecom Italia in Brazil
Jun 23, 2014 – Entone has announced that it has been selected by TIM Brasil for their 'Live TIM Blue Box' launch. The product provides a blend of live free-to-air television and OTT video.
News categories: Entone, Telecom Italia, Rogerio Takayanagi, Steve McKay, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Canada's Zazeen selects Entone for Hybrid TV
May 28, 2014 – Entone has announced that it has been selected by Zazeen for their Hybrid TV rollout. Together with Acanac and Distributel, Zazeen has access to over 200,000 subscribers in several markets.
News categories: Entone, Zazeen, Paul Louro, Mark Evensen, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box
802.11ac to become standard for IPTV set-top boxes
May 20, 2014 – According to an Infonetics Research survey, 802.11n is currently the most widely-used WiFi technology for IP set-top boxes, with 802.11ac showing the biggest gain, growing from 6% today to 67% next year.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA