Digital TV News: Envivio
Video technology players continue to dwindle as platform ownership desires surge
Aug 18, 2016 – ABI Research finds that video equipment will see a 4% CAGR through 2021, whereas Managed Video Platforms (MVPs) focused on providing turnkey service offerings and delivering media & entertainment content will see a 17% CAGR in the same period.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Software, Worldwide
ABI Research ranks Harmonic, Elemental, Akamai top in Video Delivery
Apr 6, 2016 – In its competitive analysis, ABI Research scores Harmonic and Elemental as the best overall video encoders, while Akamai receives top overall ranking for cloud video service provider.
News categories: ABI Research, Eric Abbruzzese, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Market Research, Worldwide
Vietnam's VTVcab to use Envivio software for Cloud DVR services
Dec 3, 2015 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it will equip Vietnam's largest multiple system operator, Vietnam Cable Television Corporation (VTVcab) with its video compression software and network media processor and packager.
News categories: Envivio, VTVcab, Julien Signés, Nam Bui Huy, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Vietnam
Virtualized Video Encoders to grow to $888 million in 2020
Oct 26, 2015 – The continued push towards cloud computing throughout the IT industry is making its way into video markets. Virtualization in the encoder market is expected to grow from 34% of the market in 2014 to 44% in 2020, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Eric Abbruzzese, Content Distribution, Market Research, Worldwide
Envivio powers Chunghwa Telecom 4K HEVC trial
Feb 5, 2015 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) has announced that Chunghwa Telecom has selected Envivio video solutions for its 4K HEVC streaming service trial. In the trial, Envivio is using its Muse Ultra HD software to support two modes of 4K HEVC delivery to a wide range of devices for Chunghwa.
News categories: Envivio, HwaCom, Chunghwa Telecom, Carl Hurd, Alex Huang, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Envivio powers Bouygues Telecom video on demand
Jan 20, 2015 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced that Bouygues Telecom has selected Envivio Muse Video on Demand encoding software to power its multi-screen video services in a fully virtualized software environment to millions of subscribers.
News categories: Envivio, Bouygues Telecom, Boris Felts, Thibaut Keraval, Content Distribution, France, IPTV
Radiant Digitek deploys Envivio converged video delivery solution
Jan 14, 2015 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) has announced that Radiant Digitek, a cable MSO in the Rajasthan region in North India, has deployed Envivio's converged video delivery solution, delivering video content to DVB-C set-top boxes.
News categories: Envivio, Zulfakkar Ali, Lokesh Joshi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, TV Everywhere
Shift to generic hardware and virtualization pressuring video equipment prices
Jan 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics (NYSE: IHS), the cost of encoding and transcoding platforms continues to come down, pressuring video and broadcast equipment revenue as pay-TV providers move to generic hardware and network functions virtualization.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Envivio powers Beijing Gehua CATV cloud video service
Aug 28, 2014 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) has announced that it has deployed its cloud video transcoding service in China for Beijing Gehua CATV Network (BGCTV), marking the first cloud-based multi-screen video service offered by a Chinese cable operator.
News categories: Envivio, Beijing Gehua, Julien Signès, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV