Digital TV News: Eros Now
Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
Jul 22, 2019 – The market for virtual assistants (VAs) shows strong positive momentum, driven forward by a combination of rising consumer demand and improvements in the enabling technologies, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Simon Forrest, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Panel prices may drop below costs in 2H
Jul 1, 2019 – According to Witsview, despite the recent relaxation of the US-China trade dispute, demand for various end products in 2H will remain in a conservative mood until the situation becomes clear, leading to a less-than-expected restocking demand for panels.
News categories: TrendForce, Witsview, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Comcast launches eye-control for the television
Jun 17, 2019 – Comcast has launched a feature that gives people with physical disabilities the ability to navigate their TV using only their eyes. Xfinity X1 eye control is a web-based remote for tablets and computers that pairs with an existing eye gaze system and allows viewers to change the channel, set a recording, search for a show and more, all with a glance.
News categories: Comcast, David Dikter, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Semiconductor industry facing major downturn in 2019
May 7, 2019 – Conditions in the global semiconductor market have deteriorated rapidly since the start of the year, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). The worldwide microchip industry is set to suffer a 7.4% drop in revenue this year.
News categories: IHS Markit, Myson Robles Bruce, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Eros Now strikes distribution deal with TCL in India
Apr 23, 2019 – Eros Now (NYSE:EROS) has announced a partnership with TCL in India. As part of the deal all TCL TVs will come pre-loaded with the Eros Now app, providing customers with access to Eros Now’s extensive content library.
News categories: Eros Now, TCL, Rishika Lulla Singh, Hongwei Li, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Smart TV
MediaMelon selected by Eros Now for OTT streaming analytics
Apr 3, 2019 – MediaMelon has announced that Eros Now (NYSE: EROS) has deployed its SmartSight analytics platform. SmartSight is a real-time streaming video analytics solution that provides monitoring and deep analysis of streaming performance and content consumption.
News categories: MediaMelon, Eros Now, Kumar Subramanian, Big Data, Digital TV, India, OTT, Worldwide
Eros Now integrated with Virgin TV connected boxes
Feb 28, 2019 – Eros Now (NYSE:EROS) has announced an integration deal with Virgin Media in the United Kingdom. The premium Indian OTT app will be available on Virgin TV connected boxes as part of its 'Desi Pack' with effect from February 28, 2019.
News categories: Eros Now, Virgin Media, Rishika Lulla Singh, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Eros Now selects Vindicia subscription billing platform
Feb 26, 2019 – Vindicia (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that Eros Now has selected Vindicia CashBox to enhance its consumer experience. Through the alliance, Vindicia CashBox will help in accelerating the subscriber growth of Eros Now around the world.
News categories: Amdocs, Eros Now, Vindicia, Darcy Antonellis, Rishika Lulla Singh, Digital TV, India, MWC19, OTT, Worldwide
MAGNA releases US Advertising Forecasts executive summary
Sep 20, 2018 – MAGNA has released a summary of its US Advertising Forecasts Fall Update. Advanced TV advertising keeps developing, as it brings the power of big screen linear experience with superior targeting capabilities. Ad spend around non-traditional TV campaigns is increasing significantly this year.
News categories: MAGNA, Vincent Létang, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient