Digital TV News: Eurofins Digital Testing
'NEXTGEN TV' announced as go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0
Sep 26, 2019 – The CTA has announced 'NEXTGEN TV' as the go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0 technology. The association also unveiled a NEXTGEN TV logo for devices meeting newly developed ATSC 3.0 interoperability test specifications.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, John Taylor, ATSC, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
EBU and Eurofins Digital Testing partner on UHDTV standards and logo
Sep 13, 2019 – The European Broadcasting Union has published a set of key distribution parameters (EBU Tech 3372) for UHDTV video and audio. Eurofins Digital Testing has created a certification logo, referencing the EBU specification.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, European Broadcasting Union, Johan Craeybeckx, Antonio Arcidiacono, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Smart TV
SmarDTV provides USB CAMs for Eurofins' CI Plus 2.0 test tool
Sep 5, 2019 – SmarDTV Global has announced that it is distributing modules to Eurofins Digital Testing for their new CI Plus 2.0 test tool, automating IDTV and set-top-box testing. CI Plus 2.0 uses USB, moving away from the old PC Card (PCMCIA) standard.
News categories: SmarDTV, Eurofins, Lionel Boissier, Johan Craeybeckx, CAM, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Eurofins to serve as exclusive CI Plus 2.0 test partner
May 13, 2019 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it will serve as the official test partner for the CI Plus 2.0 standard. Eurofins will provide early access to the automated CI Plus 2.0 test tool to enable pre-testing of devices in advance of certification.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, CI Plus LLP, Johan Craeybeckx, CAM, Digital TV, QoE, Smart TV, Worldwide
ATSC 3.0 test suite launched by Eurofins
Mar 27, 2019 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it will be showcasing a new conformance test suite at NAB. Arreios for ATSC 3.0 enables the certification and testing of ATSC 3.0 features via a suite of automated test tools.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Johan Craeybeckx, Lynn Claudy, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
GDPR device conformance testing service launched by Eurofins
Feb 20, 2019 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it has launched a GDPR testing service to assess data protection capabilities, and ensure CE devices and their associated businesses and processes are conforming to the GDPR.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Johan Craeybeckx, EU, QoE, Worldwide
Vestel adopts Eurofins Digital Testing's 4K HDR Ultra HD logo
Dec 20, 2018 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that Vestel has committed to using Eurofins' 4K HDR Ultra HD logo on its latest range of TVs. The logo indicates HDR, UHD and WCG support over broadcast, broadband and HDMI.
News categories: Eurofins, Vestel, Johan Craeybeckx, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Turkey
Panasonic commits to Eurofins' 4K HDR Ultra HD logo scheme
Sep 5, 2018 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that Panasonic has committed to using Eurofins' 4K HDR Ultra HD logo on its latest range of TVs. Eurofins' logo identifies TVs that have been proven to receive and display HDR, UHD and WCG content simultaneously.
News categories: Eurofins, Panasonic, Johan Craeybeckx, Yasushi Murayama, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Smart TV
Eurofins to provide testing and validation for Com Hem's Android TV STB
Jun 12, 2018 – At ANGA COM 2018, Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it has been selected by Com Hem to provide automated testing and service validation for Com Hem's Tv Hub. Tv Hub is an Android TV Ultra HD/4K Hybrid STB.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Com Hem, Johan Craeybeckx, Thomas Helbo, Android TV, ANGA COM, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Sweden
- Technicolor joins the HEVC Advance patent pool
- Verizon to give customers 12 months of Disney+
- Roku to acquire dataxu
- Wyplay and SmarDTV to offer off-the-shelf Android TV platforms
- Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
- YuppTV joins forces with BSNL for triple play services
- Comscore to provide measurement for Premion's CTV/OTT ad platform
- egta and The Global TV Group define ad measurement standards
- Xandr adds Clypd to its portfolio of products and services
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph