Digital TV News: Eutelsat
5G-MAG launch puts media in the centre of 5G
Sep 13, 2019 – A 5G Media Action Group (5G-MAG) has been launched to provide a framework for all relevant stakeholders to collaborate on a market driven implementation of 5G in production and distribution of audiovisual media content and services.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, 5G-MAG, Antonio Arcidiacono, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2020, Worldwide
Eutelsat selected by Orby TV for new U.S. DTH satellite service
Sep 13, 2019 – Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) has been selected by Orby TV for capacity on the EUTELSAT 117 West A satellite. The agreement was announced at IBC 2019 following Orby TV’s recent launch across the lower 48 continental United States.
News categories: Eutelsat, Orby TV, Mike Antonovich, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Satellite, USA
Media Distillery launches Cloud AI platform with Eutelsat
Sep 4, 2019 – Media Distillery has launched its Cloud-based AI platform, with Eutelsat as the first partner. Media Distillery AI uses Deep Content Understanding to provide Next Generation Metadata, including faces, speech, topics, logos and text recognition.
News categories: Media Distillery, Eutelsat, Roland Sars, Bruno Cattan, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Globecast launches HOTBIRD platform with DW HD as first customer
Aug 27, 2019 – Globecast has announced a new HOTBIRD platform to satisfy growing demand generated by the move from SD to HD. Deutsche Welle (DW) is the first customer to take advantage, launching its English language HD channel via the service.
News categories: Globecast, Eutelsat, Deutsche Welle, Samuel Lemercier, Aymeric Genty, Hubert Czaja, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Ultra DTH chooses Eutelsat for Caribbean / Andean pay TV
Jul 31, 2019 – Ultra DTH has signed a multi-transponder agreement with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) for capacity on EUTELSAT 65 West A to support the launch of a white label DTH platform across the Caribbean and the Andean region using the satellite's Ku-band coverage.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ultra DTH, Mike Antonovich, Ricardo Dias, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Eutelsat invests €10 million in Broadpeak
Jul 3, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has taken a stake of circa 20% in Broadpeak. Eutelsat's investment is a further step in its strategy to integrate satellite into the IP ecosystem, following the launch of its CIRRUS hybrid satellite-OTT solution.
News categories: Broadpeak, Eutelsat, Jacques Le Mancq, Jean-Hubert Lenotte, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
Eutelsat confirms the successful launch of EUTELSAT 7C
Jun 21, 2019 – Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) has confirmed the successful launch of EUTELSAT 7C. EUTELSAT 7C is high-power broadcast satellite which will serve markets across Africa, Europe, the Middle East and Turkey, through 49 36-MHz equivalent Ku-band transponders.
News categories: Eutelsat, Maxar, Arianespace, Rodolphe Belmer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
EUTELSAT 7C completing final stages of pre-launch preparation
May 7, 2019 – EUTELSAT 7C is currently undergoing final preparations ahead of shipment to the Arianespace launch site in French Guiana, where it is due to be launched before the end of June. EUTELSAT 7C will serve markets across Africa, Europe, Middle East and Turkey.
News categories: Eutelsat, Maxar Technologies, Yohann Leroy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
Feb 14, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Afghanistan Broadcasting System (ABS) have signed a contract for video capacity on EUTELSAT 53A. ABS will use EUTELSAT 53A’s Ku-band resources over Central Asia to provide nationwide coverage for the launch of its DTH platform, Oqaab HD+.
News categories: Eutelsat, Afghanistan Broadcasting System, Michel Azibert, Andi Wilmers, Afghanistan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware