Digital TV News: Extra TV
Levira launches HbbTV service in Estonia
Mar 13, 2015 – Estonian digital television operator Levira has started hybrid-TV services on their Freeview “TasutaTV” terrestrial TV platform. The hybrid services and platform have been developed together with Sofia Digital.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Levira, Ari Pöyhtäri, Mart Einpalu, Digital TV, Estonia, HbbTV, Terrestrial
Crnogorski Telekom adds 800 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2104
Jul 30, 2014 – Montenegro's Crnogorski Telekom has announced half year 2014 results. At the end of June 2014, the number of Extra TV connections was 63.5 thousand, up 4.2 thousand (7%) versus the year before.
News categories: Crnogorski Telekom, IPTV, Montenegro, Results
Crnogorski Telekom adds catch-up TV feature
Jul 18, 2014 – Crnogorski Telekom (CT) has announced the addition of catch-up tv to its Extra TV IPTV service. Customers can now view, at any time and at no extra charge, content broadcast over the previous 48 hours.
News categories: Crnogorski Telekom, Content Distribution, IPTV, Montenegro
Over half of Dutch households subscribed to triple-play
Apr 1, 2014 – More than half of Dutch households (53%) were subscribed to three fixed services from one provider in Q4 2013, according to Telecompaper.
News categories: Telecompaper, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Subscribers
UK's TalkTalk introduces lower cost YouView set-top box
Sep 25, 2013 – TalkTalk has announced the launch of its Essentials TV proposition, which gives viewers access to catch up TV via a smaller, lower cost YouView set top box, for just 7.50 GBP per month.
News categories: TalkTalk, Dido Harding, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
Jun 13, 2013 – Belgium's Telenet has announced the launch of 'TV with a card'. By placing a CI+ module with a smartcard in the TV set, a customer can watch television in digital picture and sound quality, without the need of a decoder or additional cables.
News categories: Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Smart TV
Bharti airtel launches airtel broadband TV
Mar 14, 2011 – Bharti airtel has announced the launch of 'airtel broadband TV'. Customers can now watch TV without having to buy an extra TV set or cable connection/set top box or an air antenna by simply subscribing to airtel broadband TV.
News categories: airtel, Digital TV, India, OTT
Free satellite in 900,000 UK households
Oct 3, 2008 – Ofcom's 'Communications Market: Digital Progress Report' for the second quarter of 2008 shows around 840,000 homes were using free satellite on their main television set. This was an increase of around 120,000 on the previous quarter.
News categories: Ofcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
Montenegro - T-Com launches Extra TV
Nov 30, 2007 – Extra TV is now available to T-Com customers all over Montenegro. Extra TV is an IPTV service with 60 domestic and international channels, hundreds of movies, numerous interactive options, all with high visual and audio quality.
News categories: T-Com Montenegro, Extra TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Montenegro
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019