Digital TV News: FTTH Council Europe
FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
Mar 14, 2019 – The latest FTTH Market Panorama prepared by IDATE has been released. The number of FTTH and FTTB subscribers in Europe has increased by 15.7% in the EU39 since September 2017 with more than 59.6 million FTTH/B subscribers in September 2018.
News categories: FTTH Council, Ronan Kelly, Europe, Fibre, Subscribers, Worldwide
Nearly 15 million FTTH/B subscribers in Europe
Feb 11, 2015 – The number of fibre to the home (FTTH) and fibre to the building (FTTB) subscribers in Europe has soared, increasing by 50% over the 12 months ending December 2014, according to the FTTH Council Europe.
News categories: FTTH Council, Karin Ahl, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
UK's Hyperoptic secures £50 million investment
May 23, 2013 – Hyperoptic has announced that it has received an investment commitment of £50 million led by Quantum Strategic Partners. The funding will enable Hyperoptic to reach more than 500,000 UK homes with its 1Gbps fibre broadband, as well as to develop new products such as IPTV.
News categories: Hyperoptic, Fibre, IPTV, UK, Venture Capital
European Fibre Leaders Welcome Turkey to Their Ranks
Feb 9, 2011 – The second half of 2010 was a period of accelerated growth in FTTH networks, both in terms of buildings passed and subscribers connected, the FTTH Council Europe revealed in a presentation to journalists at the FTTH Conference in Milan.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fibre, Finland, France, IPTV, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey
Europe's New Member States continue to dominate the FTTH Rankings
Oct 26, 2010 – The number of fibre-to-the-home subscribers in Europe, including Russia, has increased by 22% over the past six months, thanks to the booming broadband market in the Eastern part of Europe, according to the latest figures from the FTTH Council Europe.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, BBWF, Broadband, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fibre, Finland, France, IPTV, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden
FTTH growth accelerates in Europe
Feb 24, 2010 – In 2009, growth in terms of subscribers and Homes/Buildings passed has accelerated in Europe. In EU36 (including Russia), there were nearly 3.5 million FTTH/B subscribers and more than 25 million Homes/Buildings Passed.
News categories: IDATE, FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Italy, Lithuania, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden
FTTH Council Issues First Official European Ranking Of FTTH Market Penetration
Dec 15, 2008 – The first official European Fibre"to"the"Home (FTTH) ranking shows smaller countries leading the way in FTTH connections. Mid-term projections show, however, that bigger economies are closing the gap.
News categories: FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Estonia, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Subscribers, Sweden
Asia-Pacific Continues to Lead in FTTH Market Penetration
Jul 23, 2008 – Asia consolidated its position as the global leader in next-generation broadband while the United States and Europe also continued to experience robust growth in FTTH, according to the FTTH Councils of Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America.
News categories: FTTH Council, Broadband, China, Denmark, Fibre, Hong Kong, Iceland, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovenia, Subscribers, Sweden, Taiwan, USA
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca