Digital TV News: Fan TV
TiVo adds personalization and discovery to Fan TV
Sep 27, 2016 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Fan TV will include new personalization and discovery features across TV, tablet and mobile devices. Additionally, Fan TV will now be available on Apple TV and Roku.
News categories: TiVo, Michael Hawkey, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, SCTE•ISBE, USA, UX
Evolution Digital reaches milestone of 12 million STBs shipped
Sep 7, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has shipped 12 million digital set-top boxes to cable operators around the world. These 12 million digital devices consist of Evolution Digital’s wide product offerings including its SD DTA, HD uDTA and eBOX IP Hybrid STB.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Chris Egan, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Rovi acquires Fanhattan (Fan TV)
Nov 3, 2014 – Rovi Corporation has announced that it has acquired Fanhattan, a venture-backed startup, in an all-cash transaction. Fanhattan pioneers innovative ways to discover media and entertainment on any screen, from any source, through its cloud-based Fan TV branded products.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Fanhattan, Omar Javaid, Gilles BianRosa, Olivier Chalouhi, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Fan TV coming to Time Warner Cable subscribers
Apr 22, 2014 – Fan TV and Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC) have announced the release of Fan TV, a new way to watch live TV and streaming content with a frictionless discovery experience and a breakthrough touch remote.
News categories: Fan TV, Time Warner Cable, Gilles BianRosa, Mike Angus, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine