Digital TV News: FarEasTone
Qualcomm and FarEasTone to Explore Creation of a MediaFLO service in Taiwan
Jul 7, 2010 – Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced that it has signed a non-binding MOU with FAR EASTONE to explore the creation of a broadcast mobile media operator using MediaFLO technology in Taiwan.
News categories: Qualcomm, FarEasTone, Digital TV, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, Taiwan
Taiwan - PTS successfully trials DVB-H services
Jan 23, 2008 – The public service broadcaster PTS has completed its year long DVB-H trial with its partners mobile operators Chunghua Telecom, Taiwan Mobile and FarEasTone, manufacturers Motorola and BenQ and software vendor Cyberlink.
News categories: Taiwan Public Television Service, Digital TV, DVB-H, Multiscreen, Taiwan
- Digital UK awards contracts to build Freeview connected TV service
- Antik Telecom hybrid satellite TV service to commence in 1Q 2015
- Global TV shipments rebound in 3Q 2014
- 100 million with Fiber-to-the-Home in Asia-Pacific
- European OTT market to experience rapid growth by 2017
- DOCSIS channel shipments up 95% YoY in 3Q 2014
- Inca Networks powers Hamilton Telecommunications IPTV service
- UltraFlix 4K streaming launches on Samsung UHD TVs
- South Indian MSOs to form Federation
- Cable loses market share as Dutch turn to IPTV
- ITU approves H.265/HEVC second edition standard
- EMT/Elion launches minuTV OTT TV in Estonia
- ChungHwa Telecom planning OTT version of its MOD TV service
- Video traffic expected to reach 65% of mobile data within 5 years
- Zenterio integrates Ekioh HTML5 browser
- Amazon Instant Video grows internet traffic share in the U.S.
- Teleste headend for Arganet IPTV in Brazil
- HBO GO launches on Xbox One in U.S.
- OTT pay TV revenue to hit $10 billion in 2018
- Eight new broadcasters apply for DTT licences in Kenya