Digital TV News: Farncombe
Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
Jul 9, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Flynet, an ISP in El Salvador, is using its multi-DRM for content protection. Using the solution, Flynet can securely deliver live OTT channels to subscribers on every screen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Flynet, Carlos Ramos, Alexander Gomez, Digital TV, DRM, El Salvador, OTT
Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
Feb 26, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced today that its Dynamic Watermarking solution, developed in collaboration with b<>com, has undergone a stringent assessment carried out by Cartesian, an independent consultancy company for the communications and digital media industries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, b<>com, Cartesian, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Gaëtan Le Guelvouit, Lee Kent, Content Protection, Watermarking, Worldwide
Wibox launches Android TV 4K offer secured by Viaccess-Orca
Sep 11, 2018 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Wibox has launched Android TV 4K STBs secured by VO's DRM. Manufactured by Sagemcom, the STBs will enable FTTH subscribers to access content through IPTV and OTT networks protected by VO, via a user experience provided by DotScreen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Wibox, Sagemcom, DOTSCREEN, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Mathieu Gourraud, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, France, IBCShowcase, OTT, Set Top Box, UX
Viaccess-Orca Connected Sentinel DRM completes Farncombe Security Audit
Jun 28, 2018 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that its Connected Sentinel DRM solution has completed a rigorous review by Cartesian. Cartesian's Farncombe Security Audit reviews the requirements of security solutions to determine whether they meet the complex needs of IPTV.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Cartesian, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Brian Paxton, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Worldwide
Irdeto Cloaked CA completes Farncombe Security Audit for 4K
Sep 13, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that its Cloaked CA solution has completed a rigorous review by Cartesian against the stringent usage rules for 4K UHD premium content included in the Farncombe Security Audit.
News categories: Irdeto, Cartesian, Andrew Bunten, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Worldwide
JOYNE deploys pay TV operations in the cloud with Conax, Eutelsat and SmarDTV
Sep 13, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) and SmarDTV have announced a collaboration with JOYNE. JOYNE has selected Conax ‘Contego-as-a-Service’ cloud-based content protection security hub and Conax Cardless CAM developed by SmarDTV with pre-integrated security client Conax Core Access for its content security needs.
News categories: Conax, JOYNE, SmarDTV, Eutelsat, Tom Jahr, Hans Brunas, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
HorizonSAT chooses Irdeto to secure MENA pay TV offering
Mar 21, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security solutions to HorizonSAT. Irdeto Cloaked CA with Irdeto FlexiCore will enable HorizonSAT to deliver pay TV services to the Filipino population in the MENA region.
News categories: Irdeto, HorizonSAT, Doug Lowther, Waleed Al-Hejailan, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
RSCRYPTO partners with SMI for key management
Dec 13, 2016 – RSCRYPTO has announced a partnership with SypherMedia International (SMI). RSCRYPTO plans to present its CAS-PHI CAS in the first quarter of 2017. As an 'Independent Trust Authority', SMI is to manage the keys for operators.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, SypherMedia International, Levent Le, Dr. Ron Cocchi, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
AirTies deploys Farncombe OpenTest version 4
Jun 4, 2014 – Farncombe has announced that AirTies has chosen to deploy version 4 of Farncombe’s OpenTest™ consumer device testing system. AirTies can now increase the number and type of automated tests it runs on its hybrid IPTV STBs.
News categories: Farncombe, AirTies, Ismail Arslan, Philip Clayson, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia