Digital TV News: Fastway
Fastway Transmissions selects Synamedia Converged Headend
Aug 19, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Fastway Transmissions is the first provider in India to go live with its Converged Headend. The deployment allows Fastway to bring together its video and IP workflows via the Synamedia Video Network Service Manager.
News categories: Synamedia, Fastway, Sue Couto, Prem Ojha, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
Jun 30, 2020 – According to TRAI, Pay DTH had an average active subscriber base of 69.98 million at 31st December 2019. At the same time there were 13 MSOs and 1 HITS operator with a subscriber base of more than one million.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Fastway's Netplus to deploy Nokia GPON technology in India
May 27, 2019 – Netplus will roll out Nokia's GPON technology across India with initial deployments starting in the states of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. The upgraded network will allow Netplus subscribers to enjoy ultra-broadband IPTV and quad-play services.
News categories: Nokia, Fastway, Vinish Bawa, Prem Ojha, Fibre, India
Fastway chooses STMicroelectronics SoC for HD USB DVR
Aug 21, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its STiH273 (Palma) HD cable chipsets have been selected by Fastway, a leading Indian Cable MSO, for their HD interactive USB DVR1 platform.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Fastway, Gurdeep Singh, Peeush Mahajan, Vivek Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
Dec 9, 2013 – Conax has announced that Fastway Transmissions is upgrading to its Conax Contego™ platform. Additionally, the Indian MSO has signed a contract for 1 million additional clients from Conax to position for capitalizing on the next phase of digitization in Northern India.
News categories: Conax, Fastway, Digital Telemedia, Gurdeep Singh, Are Mathisen, Huang Wei, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India
Cisco in 30 million Pay TV homes in India
Jun 20, 2013 – In the rapidly growing pay-TV industry in India, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has established itself as the leading provider of enhanced TV viewing experiences to more than 30 million Indian homes.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Cable TV, Conditional Access, India, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite
Fastway Ushers In Cable Digitization with Cisco Set-Top Boxes
Feb 13, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that it has been chosen by Fastway to usher in cable digitization across its customer base in the Indian states of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Fastway, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media