Digital TV News: Fastway
India adds 320,000 DTH subscribers in 2Q 2020
Nov 9, 2020 – According to TRAI, Pay DTH had an average active subscriber base of 70.58 million at 30th June 2020. At the same time there were 12 MSOs and 1 HITS operator with a subscriber base of more than one million.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite
ATEME powers FASTWAY's OTT/IPTV platform in India
Oct 8, 2020 – ATEME has announced that FASTWAY has installed ATEME’s TITAN Live as part of its OTT and IPTV platform. ATEME’s TITAN Live is used to encode and transcode channel video headends and deliver a OTT and IPTV content to FASTWAY’s customers.
News categories: ATEME, FASTWAY, Rémi Beaudouin, Prem Ohja, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, IPTV, OTT
Fastway Transmissions selects Synamedia Converged Headend
Aug 19, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Fastway Transmissions is the first provider in India to go live with its Converged Headend. The deployment allows Fastway to bring together its video and IP workflows via the Synamedia Video Network Service Manager.
News categories: Synamedia, Fastway, Sue Couto, Prem Ojha, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
Jun 30, 2020 – According to TRAI, Pay DTH had an average active subscriber base of 69.98 million at 31st December 2019. At the same time there were 13 MSOs and 1 HITS operator with a subscriber base of more than one million.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Fastway's Netplus to deploy Nokia GPON technology in India
May 27, 2019 – Netplus will roll out Nokia's GPON technology across India with initial deployments starting in the states of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. The upgraded network will allow Netplus subscribers to enjoy ultra-broadband IPTV and quad-play services.
News categories: Nokia, Fastway, Vinish Bawa, Prem Ojha, Fibre, India
Fastway chooses STMicroelectronics SoC for HD USB DVR
Aug 21, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its STiH273 (Palma) HD cable chipsets have been selected by Fastway, a leading Indian Cable MSO, for their HD interactive USB DVR1 platform.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Fastway, Gurdeep Singh, Peeush Mahajan, Vivek Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
Dec 9, 2013 – Conax has announced that Fastway Transmissions is upgrading to its Conax Contego™ platform. Additionally, the Indian MSO has signed a contract for 1 million additional clients from Conax to position for capitalizing on the next phase of digitization in Northern India.
News categories: Conax, Fastway, Digital Telemedia, Gurdeep Singh, Are Mathisen, Huang Wei, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India
Cisco in 30 million Pay TV homes in India
Jun 20, 2013 – In the rapidly growing pay-TV industry in India, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has established itself as the leading provider of enhanced TV viewing experiences to more than 30 million Indian homes.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Cable TV, Conditional Access, India, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite
Fastway Ushers In Cable Digitization with Cisco Set-Top Boxes
Feb 13, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that it has been chosen by Fastway to usher in cable digitization across its customer base in the Indian states of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Fastway, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020